Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Mean, Clean and Natures Machine.

MEAN:  I've been so tired of constantly moving the goofy wood child gates I finally broke down and bought a new fancy one.  I love the one at Nana's house but knew D would hate the short height.  It was just right for me but I know he wouldn't open and close it if he had to bend down to do the task.

I spent a week researching the little beasts and decided this was the style I wanted.  The only problem is, nobody shows or describes the handle and how it opens and closes.  S has the best one where it just raises to unlatch the door. No pushing buttons, no lifting the gate.  Simple and straight to the point.  I did it with one finger.

I loved the look of this one because it pulled the wrought iron of the backyard fence and the black of the fireplace inserts and family room furniture together. The best part is, it's 36" high. That makes D very happy.

The down side is, you have to squeeze the lever and slide the little button with your finger at the same time while lifting the gate up so the bottom dohickie releases.  I've got D figuring a way to have the upper latch permanently open so there's no squeezing and pinching involved.  The bottom latch is sufficient to keep the door closed and the dogs in.
CLEAN:  I attacked a little more weeding yesterday.  I learned my lesson with the sun dress.  This time I had on my $8 pink rubber thongs (footwear not underwear) I bought at WalMart, my hot pink short shorts (which D loves but I don't wear in public) and pink/gray top.  

Okay, the shoes (which are fantastic...you've got to go to Wally World and get some) and shorts were great.  Unfortunately, every time I would bend over, the girls would fall out of the top.  That of course was annoying and made me angry, while D never seems to mind when I have the occasional wardrobe malfunction.
I kept hearing my mother-in-law's voice telling me to trim the Pelargoniums. I'd cut back a little and could hear her telling me to cut more.  She had a green thumb and the most beautiful Pelargoniums and Geraniums I'd ever seen.  I remember her hacking the poor little things back to nothing.  I was trying to stick with removing the old dead branches but in my mind I could see and hear her telling me to cut, cut, cut.  So I did and they look beautiful already.

I was surprised to see my Carnations had survived yet a second year of life.  I think I'll pick up 3 more pots to fill the empty spot between them.  My Cala Lilies are starting to pop up out of the dirt too.  I planted them last year and was wondering if they'd survived my brown thumb. 
NATURES MACHINE:  S once asked me why I always woke up in such a good mood.  I was lying in bed this morning looking out the window at 5:45 and this was my view.  I'm laying down taking this picture.  How can anyone possibly not respect Mother Nature and her Beauty Machine?  This is what I wake to and appreciate it every day I'm honored with the privilege of taking another breath.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

I get a similar view out my bedroom window. It ought to be a zoning law that the master bedroom has a killer sunrise view. The world would be a better place.

Shannon said...

I don't have quite that nice of a view outside of my bedroom window. Your view is beautiful.