Friday, April 17, 2009

Easy day....

Not much going on the past few days.  I'm feeling like the personal storms are over and I can take a deep breath for awhile.

I went into the office this morning and told D, "I'd like to say after all my hard work cleaning last week, the kitchen and family rooms are messes.  To that I'd like to add, all messes are mine!"

Yep, I haven't picked up after myself.  The tax stuff kinda broad sided me.  Although by mess I mean, the family room needs dusting and vacuuming and I need to fold the lap blankets and pick up my socks.  I figure it's a 15 minute job which includes as mom would put it, "running a foot race with the vacuum cleaner".

The kitchen counter has a few stacks of papers that need to be either shredded or filed.  They're 2009 tax goodies I just haven't felt like putting away.  Oh yeah, there's a pan in the sink along with 3 glasses, silverware and a bowl.  I'm thinking if I get off my butt that could be another 15 to 20 minutes worth of work.

We're going to S & S's tonight for dinner and I need to make a macaroni salad.  While I'm doing that I'll straighten the kitchen.  That should kill two birds with one stone.

On the positive side however, I got caught up on PAW's filing, balanced two checking accounts and played with the dogs yesterday.

Okay, I admit I did some embroidery work but that's more like fun then work so it doesn't count.

I did put in a tough morning today, soaking in a nice hot bathtub around 8:00.  Oh my, the things I do to look gorgeous.

Well, I'll head out to the kitchen now and start the macaroni salad.  Luckily my mother taught me to multi-task while cooking.  I'm always cleaning up behind myself while things are on the stove or in the oven.  Unlike my husband who has a heart of gold when it comes to making meals but when he departs the kitchen it looks like an atomic bomb went off.  

2 comments:

Wudas said...

It is for that reason Darryl is forbidden to cook in my kitchen. The Q is all his. Do you think it's deliberate?

Shannon said...

Will does the same thing! He leaves everything out and all over the place. He's is getting better about cleaning up while he's cooking. I've found that cleaning up while cooking means less cleaning up when you're done eating and don't want to clean up at all.