Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Here's a lunch bag I embroidered for Colleen's birthday.  It's one of my favorite floral designs.  I was surprised at how pretty it turned out.  There is a booboo however, and it taught me a lesson about sizing.  

I thought I'd make this design a little larger.  I was really pushing the dimensions and how it hooped.  Anyway, the floral part sewed out perfectly with a minimal amount of fuss but the Colleen shifted to the right a bit so the 'n' ended up in the fold of the design frame.  It's actually centered within the design as it is but I wanted the entire word in the white zone.  If I'd made the design a bit smaller the hoop wouldn't have been under so much pressure resulting in the design shift.  I just consider myself lucky it happened on the name and didn't mess up the flowers.

I also completed a lunch bag for Andi.  I made her design a skosh smaller and didn't have a bit of trouble with the sew out.  I forgot to take a picture of the bag.  I have to get myself into the habit of taking pictures of everything I complete.  DUH!
While finishing up the tax info for D, I decided to clean some of the files out making room in the filing cabinet so he could have a drawer to himself.  I'm hoping he'll keep his desk cleaner if he has drawer space.

Anyway, he'd just brought the garbage cans up from the road so I decided I'd do some shredding.  This is a huge recycling bin and that's two hours worth of shredding.  Which is about half of what I did.  I decided I'd better quit filling the bin or we wouldn't have room for garbage when Sunday came around.
This doesn't look like much but it's an additional 2 hours of shredding which resulted in filling 2 more huge black bags of paperwork.  Shannon and Will's visit put a bug in me to clean out the files.  I've done select files here and there each year but couldn't believe how much I'd saved.  I ran into bills I didn't remember we'd ever had a contract with.  We've had 4 cell companies over the years and 2 pager companies.  I didn't remember that!  LOL!

I got another jury duty summons last week.  I'm on their 'favorite' list I think. Anyway, I found old summons in the file.  I've been called for municipal 4 times since 2000.  I always get a federal summons a couple months later.  I'm averaging two summons every 2 years.  You can't convince me it's 'Random'.  If that's the case I'm the luckiest/unluckiest woman in the world!  I ought to be in Vegas winning tons of money.  LOL!

We paid $4,750.70 for our first Mac.  It came with 32 mg ram.  I remember a year later wrestling with the decision to spend $150 more to bring it up to 64 mg.  Boy how things have changed in the computer world.  Being hooked to the internet wasn't even a dream back in 1992.  The internet....what was that? Hahaha!

I think the oldest thing I found was stuff from 1990.  If you'd bet me that I had files over 5 years old, I would have taken it.  (And lost)  I've come to the conclusion, it's the files in my desk drawers I constantly clean out and shred. The filing cabinets just quietly stand there and collect this stuff.  Sure, everything is in nice neat orderly folders but it's still there.

I need one of two things to happen each year.  Either I consciously attack the filing cabinets (which I was disciplined enough to do each January when I was working) or I need Will & Shannon to visit each January and describe W's mother's paper hoarding nightmare.  Yep...that works for me!

Today should be an easy day.  Hopefully, it'll be the Bears last vet appointment for awhile.  There are only two doctor appointments on the horizon.  Me on May 1st and D on  May 19th then nothing until July.  Yahoo!!!!!!!!  I love my doctors but will definitely not miss seeing them for several months.  Yep, I'm thinkin' healthy...healthy...healthy for the rest of the year!

Time to get ready for the vet then off to Wally World for much needed items. Now....where'd I put that list?

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Your list is just to the right of that stack of papers.

Shannon said...

I attempt to go through our filing cabinet every January. I've been lazy the last couple of years and haven't done it. I did do it this year.