Saturday, April 11, 2009

It's Gonna be a Great Day!

It's gonna be a great day!  The good news is....I have a clean bill of health.  The bad news is....I see the surgeon in 3 months and he's moved me to having mammograms every 6 months.  Oh well, it's a little price to pay to have the honor of breathing.  LOL!

I've been completely exhausted the past several weeks.  D has taken to snoring so loud I've actually considered sleeping in the guest room.  I think that would have a negative affect on such a long marriage so I took matters into my own hands.  I stopped at Home Depot yesterday thinking I'd buy a pair of ear plugs. Well...in the good old box store fashion they only have jumbo size packaging.  I figure with this purchase I could sleep 40 days and 40 nights soundly.  LOL!

Actually I've decided to give D the orange ear plugs and I'll keep the purple ones.  That way I can tell if he's steeling from my stash.  I think 40 ear plugs should get me through a few nights of restful sleep.

They worked FANTASTIC!  D has 4 levels of snoring.  Softly more like medium breathing.  Light snore, medium snore and a 10 like in earthquake fashion. He's been keeping pretty steady with the 10.  You know...where he'll actually snort and wake himself up.

Last night I just woke up to go potty.  I went to bed at 8 last night because I was so tired.  I woke up at 6, closed my eyes for a minute and the next thing I knew it was 7:45.  I woke up refreshed with no jet lag.
I am as relaxed and satisfied as Nuttie in this picture.  Talk about a dog's life. Yep, if you come back as a canine in the household of one of our family members, this is the stress you endure on a day to day basis.
I cleaned earlier this week and have been trying to follow D around and pick up after him so everything doesn't get built up again.  It was so great this morning walking into the kitchen and seeing this.  Look....even the counter in the laundry room is clean!  Yahoo!

Remember the bags and bags of pellets I posted a few weeks back?  You can barely see the last of the stacks hidden behind the couch.  I think there are about 15 bags left stacked there.
Well, one more appointment for the Bear next week.  She got her stitches out last Wednesday.  We sent her mammary samples out for biopsy.  Added more meds to her daily diet, just in case and tacked on another $300 to her bill.  That brings her cost for the past couple of weeks to a little over $2,000.  I can't complain much though. Even though she just turned 13, she's never sick and the only medical expenses she's incurred in the 10 years we've owned her have been regular check ups and shots.
Yep, for an old bird she's been pretty cost effective.  

One of the two huge holes in the roof of her mouth has healed perfectly.  The other one is still a little iffy.  If we're lucky, it'll heal and we won't have to put her through another surgery. 

It's been a real easy morning.  I gave the entry hall floor a lick and a promise. I'm usually really anal about streaks but this morning decided I really didn't care.  So the streaks are staying.

I'm having a pudgy body, wrinkle faced day.  But on the upside, I'm also having a good hair and eyebrow day.  Isn't it funny how our bodies change from day to day?  Maybe they don't and it's just our frame of mind.

I looked at my eyebrows this morning and thanked mom for giving me her shape.  Unfortunately I got dad's spotty thin hair that forms them.  Both Caca and I have the problem that if you pluck the wrong one, you end up with a bald spot.  Nobody touches my eyebrows.  They're like gold to me.  LOL!  

I remember as a teen looking at mom's eyebrows and envying the great shape and thickness.  I see old pictures of her and those beautiful brows.  She had great legs too!  I got her legs.  Thanks mom!  They're shapely and when I wear socks they look like an athletes legs.  I've decided to start some light weight lifting (I have ugly arms out of shape arms) and walking.  I'm not in bad shape but can certainly do better.  

I'm thinking of buying a new basketball so I can shoot hoops in the backyard. That ought to bring up a funny picture in your minds.  Hahahaha!

2 comments:

Wudas said...

The house looks great! I think there is one advantage to having a smaller house. The clutter piles up more quickly so it's not so much to clean out to make a path through the living room.

dwgnldy said...

Ain't that the truth! I miss vacuuming less carpet and washing less flooring. LOL!