Saturday, October 31, 2009

Busy as a Bee!

Nisie has gone through my undies again. She loves to eat them. She doesn't touch D's undies just mine. She also isn't picky because she loves dirty, clean and brand spankin' new. I think it's the texture of the rayon she loves the feel of.

When I change in the evening into my nightie, I put the clothes I wore on the quilt rack to be put away the following morning. Her new trick is to pull on a piece of garment (pant leg, sleeve of blouse, etc) and pull everything down. That means the undies I wore come tumbling down.

Yesterday I had some banking to do so I stopped by Target to buy some. I'm a panty snob. I don't like anything that binds, leaves lines or feels like I'm wearing undies.

I've spent $18 on a pair of panties in search for comfort. Vasserette used to have a style I liked but the store discontinued them and I can't find them on V's site.

I found these panties at Target a month ago. I bought 1 package and decided I love them. They're like not wearing anything and have a cotton insert in the crotch. I like the ones with the surged edges but the flat edges are also comfortable. They're called Gilligan & O'Malley. Best part is they're 3 pair for $10.
This is the new baby of the family. No not that little monster in the chair...the Acer 22" monitor in the middle. I've been digitizing on a 17" laptop and find I'm craning my neck in terrible positions to see it.

Since I'm used to the 24" Mac, I thought I'd see if I could find a 22" monitor to attach to the laptop. I struck gold on CL. I was searching last weekend and everything was across the bay or San Jose or Santa Rosa. Just when I started whining out loud I saw this ad in the Danville/San Ramon area. I sent an email and mentioned where I lived in hopes of being bumped to the top of the list. It worked. The guy called and said he lived 5 minutes down the road and since I lived so close he called me first.

It was a screaming deal. The monitor is a year old and he wanted $100 for it. I checked everything out before contacting him and the cheapest price I could find was $395. The colors are darker and much easier to see when digitizing. I'm in love.

I personalized 18 sackpacks for a soccer team the other day. Normally it would have taken a couple of days to do the work but I got it all done in one day. I worked until I was exhausted but wanted to make a great impression. The sew outs and trims were done by 10:00 in the evening and it took me another hour to put all the tags back on and wrap each one in it's original package.
The woman was surprised I'd finished the job so quickly. When I originally talked to her she was stressed out because she needed them by Sunday. I know the other shops were giving her a 2 to 3 week turnaround time.

She told me the shops she spoke with were sending out the work! I've heard there were some of those around here. Those aren't embroidery shops if they don't do the work themselves. Anyway, she was thrilled to get my call Thursday morning and kept saying she was going to tell everyone about me. Let's hope that's true. LOL!
D came to me at 9 yesterday morning with a drawing and said he wanted a pumpkin with an embroidered face put on a hat. I told him after I finished banking I'd see if I could come up with something. I asked him to make me a simple leaf to sew and this is what he came up with. DUH! Can you imagine trying to sew and turn a bunch of these?

Needless to say, I sent him back to the drawing board for a simple leaf.
Anyway, after two tries at making a pattern and sewing it out. This is what I came up with.
D drew out the face design for me so I could scan and then digitize it. I think it's hilarious. There was a bit of whining about how heavy the hat got. I warned him the bigger the pumpkin, the more batting it took. With enough batting anything will get heavy.

At 10:30 last night my back was killing me, I had a neck ache and was just getting tired and cranky. I was going to baste the design to the hat but took my quilt tacker and stuck it on that way. D wasn't all that thrilled with the result so he took a needle and thread and basted it on himself. He finished sometime after 11:00 and was pleased as punch with his job.

This morning with his lunch box in one hand and pumpkin hat in the other, he headed off to work.

I'm going to spend the day cleaning up my messy house. I've neglected it the past week or so. It's time to play catch up. I regained control of 3 out of 4 of the kitchen counters before 8 this morning. I've got sewing stuff spread around 4 rooms to round up and put away. Then there's the everyday catch up stuff to do. I might even see if I can find that new fangled contraption that sucks up dirt. I figure if I stare at it long enough I might remember where the on switch is. Yep....time to play catch up while his lordship is working.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Love the hat. And he can wear it again next year.

dwgnldy said...

Hahahahahaha! How about making it his uniform?