Saturday, October 24, 2009

12 days.....

Day before yesterday I swore I was going to figure out why the Kodak printer I bought in April won't work. I think it's printed no more than 3 pages in the months I've had it. When cleaning the sewing closet the other day I found the installation disk. I uninstalled (twice!) and reinstalled. Nothing.

I got out the original paperwork and pretended I just took it out of the box and was starting fresh. That did it.

When I first brought it home I was going to set up with WiFi. When they asked me the first question I was stumped. So I figured I'd just set it up directly to the router with the cat5 which was another installation option. That didn't work. But I remember being frustrated and telling myself, "I'll do this later". Well, later came 6 months later.

It took me awhile to realize I had the cat5 cable attached and not USB. DUH! Once that dawned on me I went in search of a USB cable. Now I know we have a gazillion of them around here but had cable overload when I opened the drawer.

Having the attention span of an ameba, I forgot about finding the cable and instead headed to the kitchen for Ziploc bags. Then I proceeded to lay out all of the cables, put them in bags and label them. D came by the room to say something to me, looked at my mess and said, "Uhhh...I'll come back later." LOL! Maybe he thought I had stuff at hand to strangle him with. Hahahahahaha!

Anyway, I did get the printer working.....Kinda! Turns out my ink dried up so I had to replace the cartridges. I had an extra black so put that in. I ordered more of all colors from one of my ink sites then tried to print up my receipt in black ink. Nope.....got the message, "replace color cartridge".

Last night on the way home from seeing dad and mom, I stopped by Wally World and picked up color ink. Yes, it irked me because I bought it cheaper on line but that didn't help me at the moment.

Now the printer is kinda working. It's not printing everything on the page, just portions of it. I'm thinking I'll work on it next week. Oye! I thought technology was suppose to make our lives easier and save us time.

On the upside, I resisted going in the office and pulling out the 3 huge boxes of cables hidden in there and organizing them. See......the attention span of an ameba.
I got the 12 days finished. So I've posted the latest ones. Some need a little more trimming but I'm not feeling very good today. I want to go to bed but I'm waiting for another customer to come by at 3:00. I have a feeling once they're gone, I'll be headed to the warmth and comfort of my bed.

Anyway, hope you like the quilt squares.







I'll probably spend the next couple of weeks laying out pieces of fabric until I decide what to use for the boarders and inner panels.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I like the red, it makes it pop more. We have a drawer in our desk just for phone chargers, camera chargers, game chargers, etc.

Wudas said...

Try blue and see how that works. Or maybe all three. It's beautiful!