Sunday, October 4, 2009

A fruitful day!

I decided to post this picture for the....."HUH?????" reaction. Yep that's definitely toilet paper. Actually I have 8 rolls of it and have gone through 2 of them already.

Now one might ask, "Why did she take a picture of toilet paper?" The answer would be, "We're testing it". That's right. One of my market research companies sent me 8 rolls of toilet paper to put in the various bathrooms and use for the next couple of weeks. Then I get to rate it and give a review. Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase butt head. LOL!
It's been a really good day. I got up a little before 6 and have been on my feet and moving all day. I decided it was cleaning day for the kitchen, laundry, bathroom and family room. I started in the laundry bath. I cleaned everything top to bottom and refilled kleenex and fixed anything broken.
Next was the laundry room. Floor shines as do the counters and washer & dryer. I took time to wash off all the spilled ice cream D leaves after our Friday treat night.
When I got to the kitchen I took time out from cleaning to take the faucet apart and clean it. The upside to being on well water is no utilities to pay. Of course when it's time to replace the pump and motor it's a big hit to the budget.
The faucet has been running real slow. When the water table gets low we get sand. You can see it in the top picture. I take the faucet apart and clean out all of the sand. I shouldn't have to do it for another couple of months. If we get rain, it'll be longer.

I thought since I had the faucet apart I'd soak it in CLR. Well, I didn't have any so I soaked it in Shower Power because it's suppose to cut through mineral deposits.

I can honestly say, soaking it for 3 hours in SP didn't do a darn thing. The icky mineral deposits are still on the various parts of the faucet. If anyone has anything that works, let me know and I'll soak the little babies again.

Well, time to start dinner. Then I promise myself to crash for the rest of the evening. Yep....it was a good day. Sold stuff and got tons of things done.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Looks like you're getting a lot of stuff done.