Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rainy Day Session....

Whenever things are tough, I always try and remember there's someone out there with worse problems than I have.

We went to SJ yesterday to pick up some parts D bought off CL to make a panel saw for his new work shop. A few doors down from where we were stopping this is what we saw.
This poor guy is really going to be surprised when he gets out of bed and sees this. Can you imagine calling in to work and saying, "Uhhh...I'm gonna be a little late today. I have to get the tree off my car first." LOL!

I'm hoping he'll look at it as being lucky. He might have a dent or two on the roof and trunk but the glass is in tact and the engine isn't crushed.

See???? Every cloud has a silver lining.
When we got home it was so stormy and dark. I holed up in the sewing room and worked on designs.

Here's a name design I came up with for D's other apron. It was a ready made hammer but the original was really cheap and dorky. I used the outline of the original to redraw and digitize the entire thing all over again. Okay, I kept the outline stitching because I thought it was pretty good.

D's becoming a great critic. He's no longer going....."That's nice!" Now he's pointing out the good and bad. He loved the satin stitch on the head of the hammer giving it dimension. Go figure.
I think Terri was a little disappointed in her heart. I got the impression she wanted huge flames coming out of the top. I started out that way but it was so out of proportion I cut them back. I do like the red instead of the orange I had in the first sew out at the bottom of the flames.

I figure since I did this free, she couldn't complain much. Henry loved his Transformers apron. He even went into a discussion on whether or not one of the Transformers is really a Decepticon and not an Autobot spy. Hahahahahaha! How old is this guy? Hahahaha!
My friend in Australia has a new business called Garlic Gold. His logo was very intricate, so big sis (Nana) drew out a new mortar and pestle for me so I could digitize it. This is my second try at digitizing it from scratch.

I'm sure in 6 months I'll look at this design and say, "Hmmmm....that's off....that's wrong....I should redo that....etc." but for now, I like it. I'll be putting it, along with some edits Nana made last night with the wording on some bags for Pete. We're shipping the T Bird to Australia Friday, so I want to make sure everything is done and in the trunk before it starts its journey.

1 comment:

Wudas said...

Now I'm curious. What kind of flaming heart did Terry want? And how many kinds are there?