Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Mom's digs

I had lunch with mom yesterday and finally got to see her new digs. I can see why she's comfortable there, it has the same flavor as her home.
I was warned at how hot it gets in there but it just didn't register. I had on a long sleeve shirt and was wiping sweat off my upper lip. I'll remember to wear clothes I can peel next time. LOL!
I had pictured a little wall with small appliances as her kitchen. I didn't expect it to be this large. This place has the feel of a small apartment.
If you ignore the window not having a window seat, you'd swear you were in the front bedroom of her old house.

The people I met were very nice and caring. The staff is absolutely wonderful. It's going to be a nice facility to reside in. It's obvious she's happy there and I think that's great.
I'll be giving Sue her birthday present today. I'm a bit better than she is on the delivery since I'm only 3 months late and she's bringing my gift from last year's birthday. She's been teasing me with it for a year, so I'm very curious as to what it is. She says someone keeps opening it so I'm thinking maybe a Ferrari or Mazarati. LOL!

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Nice pictures of Mom's apartment. The food is great, they clean for her, and she has emergency buttons and handicapped bathroom. Niiiiice.

Shannon said...

Gran's apartment is larger than I thought it would be. I'm glad that she's happy there.

Love the claddaugh.