Thursday, October 22, 2009

Burst of Energy....

I think the phrase should be "Survival of the alertist. Not Survival of the Fitist." My husband was a bit amorous this morning. You'd think with his years of experience he'd be able to stay awake after love making. NOPE!

While he was sleeping, I made pancakes and sausage for breakfast. While the pancakes were cooking, I washed last nights dishes, folded the three loads of laundry I washed yesterday and did the morning dishes. During this time he was napping from 'exertion'.

I thought...how did man survive? If every time he had whoopie with a female he fell asleep, why didn't a dinosaur eat him? Wouldn't it make sense the guy who stayed awake after whoopie should survive? Which means....it's not the strongest who survives, it's the guy who can keep his eyelids open. Hahahahahaha! Just a woman's meandering thinking.
I've been listening to my intelligent niece who said to do short snipits of chores. I've been embroidering like a mad woman. The other day my long counter looked like this.
I heard her voice in my head saying, "Aunt Pat, get off your butt and clean that counter. It'll take a few short minutes." Yep, it took 15 minutes to fold and put everything away. I just didn't have the time between sewing out designs, trimming them and dititizing more. It piles up fast!

Thank you beautiful niece of mine. You got this old bird off her butt.
I've had one machine going constantly for over a week. I'm surprised I'm not deaf by now. I finished the last 12 Days of Christmas square at 4 yesterday. Instead of enjoying the quiet, I pulled all my catalogs out of the closet and went through them. What you can't see in this picture is there are 5 tall stacks of catalogs on the floor at the bottom of this picture.

I should throw away the old catalog when the new one comes but I'm usually busy so I just shove it in the closet. I'm going to promise myself the new catalog doesn't go in the closet until I remove the old one. Yep...that sounds like a plan to me. LOL!
I was working and IMing my friend in Australia last night. All of the sudden I sent him "OMG....my desk is OAK!" He just started laughing and making fun of me.

I try to be good about keeping the desk clean but sometimes I'm so busy with sew outs, it gets put on the back burner. I've been trying to get back into my banking mode where my desk has to be clean each night at quitting time.

The only problem is, quitting time for me can be 9 in the evening when I'm too tired to file and put stuff away.
The closet before was overflowing with catalogs. Now it's nice and neat. I can actually grab my Staton catalog in a flash. What a difference.
This is all I have left for filing. It's a small stack and mostly goes into my expense files. Hidden in this stack is the install disk for my Kodak printer. It's never worked right. I end up emailing stuff to myself. Then I go on D's computer and print it on his printer. Not convenient!

Today, I'm going to keep the machines quiet, turn on Ray Price and Patsy Cline in my iTunes and work on the printer and file this little itty bitty stash of papers. Then I'm going to throw in a digitizing training lesson and try and add to my education.

Oh yeah....gotta call mom.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

When do you relax?

dwgnldy said...

Hahahahaha! I think I can sleep while I walk.

What's strange is, I feel like I waste lots of time a day. Imagine what I could get done if I focused.

Wudas said...

I know that all those little chores add up. But sometimes when you are sitting when you do a chore you don't feel like you "did" anything. Believe me you did.

Kelly O said...

Wow you get a ton done in a day. I am so glad the 15 min trick is working for you.

I works great for me, I can do anything for 15 min, even clean that counter top by the phone that gathers all the crap that I have no idea where to put!