Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Digitizing is a Blast!

I'm rapidly becoming a digitizing junkie. Believe it or not, these are pretty simple designs. I had a pow wow with D and we made some edits on the drawing to bring them into scale. He made really good suggestions that were very helpful.

I did the piston yesterday morning. It took me quite a bit of time but I'll get faster and perfect my techniques as I grow. I didn't like the out line on the bottom of the bolt heads (bottom right and left of piston) after I saw the sew out. I made it a point to immediately correct that so I wouldn't forget later.
I had the base design of the spark plug finished a couple of days ago. I got stumped and needed a conference with D about what goes where. Anyway, yesterday after I finished the piston I brought up the spark plug and finished it within an hour. The main part of the body looked blah to me and D said that's where the identifying info was always printed. Since this will go on the boy child's Christmas stocking, we decided to use his initials and the engine size of the Chevelle. It personalized the design and turned out pretty cute. Don't tell S I called it cute.

I'm not happy with how thin the thread layer is between the raised threads in cream on the left of the spark plug. When I finish this, I'll pull it back up and edit it to add more stitches. Yep, I figured out how to do that too. Wahoooo!

I've got a new customer coming in about 2 hours. She's bringing me 18 backpacks. She wants the last names of the kids on the soccer team to be embroidered on each of them. She wants them by Friday, so I'll be very busy the next few days.

I'd like to get them done by Thursday and impress her. It'll be pushing it but I really need the positive word of mouth publicity. She's already impressed that I'd get them done by Friday. I know if she's called anyone else they told her it'll be 2 to 3 weeks and the cost would be more than my quote per backpack.

Well, off to sew out a few samples of fonts for her then the spark plug and then hopefully a new design to digitize. I want to try a couple of the free samples from a really cool embroidery design site Nana recommended.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Your designs look great!

Wudas said...

Lookin' good! Lookin' good!