Sunday, October 2, 2011

Trees...


Yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be cleaning out the retractable, cleaning the sewing room and embroidering. And here I am blogging again. I swear, I'll do at least two of those things today, even though it's almost noon. LOL!
This is Robbie. He's a very sweet guy. He's the tow truck driver we use when we buy cars for our Australian friend. Robbie is important to this story.
This is Robbie's business partner. She goes everywhere he does and is soft, gentle and loves to be stroked.
A few weeks back, D's clutch went out on the truck. We called Robbie to come and tow it home for us because he has a nice big tow truck. Now remember the nice big tow truck phrase and it coming up our driveway and going down with our big truck on top without a lick of trouble.
Now part two of the story. A day or so following Robbie bringing our truck on his tow truck up the driveway, D was under the portico working on repairing his clutch. He kept hearing loud exploding noises and found a huge J.B.Hunt truck trying to make a u-turn in the circle, without being noticed.

D went to investigate and started yelling at the guy. What D was hearing was the branches exploding off our trees as the idiot came up the driveway.

If you look carefully you can see limbs hanging off the trees further down. This is the first tree on the right as you go down the driveway. You'll notice a large portion of it is laying across the brick light pillar.
Look carefully and you'll see the light fixture among the branches. I was amazed when D moved the branches off, the light was not only unbroken but the bricks were also okay.
This shows where two large limbs snapped and partially snapped off the tree.
These are the trees just past the light pillars. The damage goes all the way to the base of the driveway.
Apparently the fool driving the truck wasn't smart enough to figure, "Duh, if I don't fit down here and I'm destroying trees on this flat section, maybe I won't fit at the top either." He was definitely not a brain surgeon.

Anyway, when D saw this guy trying to make a u-turn in the circle he investigated, saw the damage and started yelling at the guy. The driver just kept saying, "Call J.B. Hunt, call J.B. Hunt!" Which of course gave D the impression this wasn't the first time this guy has destroyed property.

Ya ready for the best part? He was at the wrong address. Yep, Einstein was delivering a washer and dryer to our neighbors. Apparently he failed to notice the 3 foot yellow sign part way up the driveway that has our name, address and an arrow in bold black paint on it.

D contacted our neighbor got the delivery information and has been in contact with J. B. Hunt. He said at this point he wants them to pay for Davy Tree to come and inspect the trees. If they suggest making some trims here and there then D will do them. If they say some of the trees won't make it through the winter and will go into shock because of the damage, then we will expect J. B. Hunt to replace them with full sized trees. Considering these threes are over 25 years old, it's the least they can do.

We aren't even dealing with the gash the boob put in the aggregate driveway, bricks he broke off lining the circle or the juniper bush he ripped limbs off of.

I'm telling ya, common sense is a dying thing when it comes to those who practice walking upright these days.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Will told me about the damage to your trees. I didn't realize that it was so extensive. That driver wasn't very bright. I hope the trees survive.

Thank you for the comment on my post. I've also given up on Mom and Kelly making comments or posting on a regular basis. I've heard there are people that read my blog on a regular basis but don't makes comments. I don't know why they don't make comments. It's difficult enough sometimes to keep updating my blog. With no feed back at all, it's just frustrating and disappointing.

Wudas said...

So was the other truck larger than the tow truck? It sounds like it might have been a semi but I just can't imagine that!

I am sorry to let you guys down on the blog comments I will try to do better in the future.

Kelly O said...

Wow, that is a lot of damage. What was the guy thinking?!? Sometimes I amazed at the total lack of thought process people go through.

I hope all your lovely trees survive.