Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Meltdown.....

So I had a meltdown this morning around 6:45. I'm talking embarrassing yelling and swearing using the F word. As you guys know, I never...ever use that word!

The weekends are supposed to be my day to regroup and prepare for a busy week ahead. I'm not getting that because I have to get up and take D to work because he can't drive. He can work as long as he doesn't climb ladders, lift heavy stuff or drive because of the pain meds he's on.
With the bear getting so old, my morning routine isn't easy anymore. The little dogs don't want to go potty and pay attention because they want in the Bear's cage so they can eat her poop. She's been pooping and peeing in her cage because she just can't hold it at night anymore. Which means I'm picking up her wet stinky blanket and stuff and putting it in the washer each morning.

So the mornings have become a zoo trying to get the little dogs to focus. Then if I turn my back, Nuttie swoops in and starts eating the Bears breakfast.

The past few days the Bear has come out of her cage and while I'm dishing her breakfast and hiding her pills in it, she poops on the floor then walks in it and tracks throughout the kitchen. If I put her outside before feeding her, she just stands on the step and cries. Yet she can't hold it when she gets excited like she does when she sees I'm putting food in her bowl.
This morning she peed on the hardwood floor and I didn't see it because I was trying to settle the little dogs and feed them. I walked in it and it stained the hardwood.

Well, poor D was in the kitchen when I lost it. Yelling wishing his dog was dead. How life will be so much easier when she's gone and so on. It was a horrible, mean, ugly thing to say but what scares me most is, at the time I meant every word I said.

So instead of coming home after taking D to work, I went to WalMart, bought some stuff we needed along with a Vampire movie that looks pretty good. Then I went to the grocery store and bought what I needed to marinate the flank steak. I've decided on an easy dinner of BLT and we'll have a nice meal of the flank steak tomorrow.
I've put all the groceries away and fried up some little smokie sausages to eat. I know better because they have sugar and give me a migraine but I just didn't give a darn.

On the upside, I fried up 8, ate 2 and gave the other 6 to the dogs. Which of course, they don't get people food so they think I walk on water right now. I finished my two sausages about 10 minutes ago and I'm already fighting a headache. Well, doesn't that just serve me right!!!!

I'm going to go in, take a pill or two and watch my vampire movie. If I'm lucky I'll fall asleep for a short nap but I doubt that will happen with the migraine starting.

Once I'm rested, I'll go in clean the kitchen, put the WalMart stuff away and hook up the new wireless keyboard and mouse I bought D for the PC in the office.

Speaking of D. The surgery went well yesterday but the damage was more extensive than first thought so they had to do a 'modified amputation' on the tip of his finger. I believe the doctor said it was massive damage to the tissue. He should have a fingernail though and she removed 5 mm off the end of his finger. We'll see Friday what it looks like.

I really have to find that guy a desk job. He's turning me into a wreck. LOL! I've told him how much his 'accidents' affect me but I don't think he seriously realizes how each time something happens, it just drains me. This is his 3rd trip to ER in 10 months. Although, he has promised no more trips this year or all of 2012. You'll have to pardon me if I'm skeptical. sigh.....

Okay, where'd I put my vampires?

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I hope that you get some down time soon.

Wudas said...

Dealing with dogs in the morning can be a pain. My little ones go out to pee but that's all. They want breakfast! So I feed them in their crates and send them back out after they eat. It's a pain when we want to go somewhere but we just allow time for it. Can you just put Bear's food outside with her?

D used to let Charlotte out when he got up for work at 4am. That worked great. She doesn't need it any more but sometimes he lets her out anyway. Maybe you could get up at night and put Bear out to do her duty while you do yours and then her bed will stay clean until morning. Although dogs seldom pee on the same schedule we do. Go figure. Can you use the disposable pads in her crate then just cover the outside with a blanket to keep her warm? Or put a heating pad under the cage to keep her warm. Keeping the poo out of her fur is another matter all together. I'm familiar with that one too.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll figure out an easier way.