Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Bunny, Buzzsaw & Booties.....

I think I need to ask Santa for a nice camera for Christmas. My little one is great for pictures for the blog or CL but when I'm trying to take a shot from a distance, it just can't seem to cut the mustard.

We have lots of bunnies around here (okay, they're really jack rabbits) but they rarely sit still long enough for me to take a picture. They're actually quite large and very fast.

When H was growing up she called them Ed. She didn't care if they were boys or girls, she named them all the same. LOL!
I came home the other day and the sleeve of my jacket was hanging off the bar stool and looking rather odd. When I got closer, I noticed little buzzsaw (Nissie) got a hold of it and ate the sleeve up to the elbow.
I haven't a clue why she did this. I think the last time I wore it I was cooking something like bacon. Which means the smell was still on the sleeve and she decided to have a snack. I'm keeping an eye out, since she doesn't seem to have passed the pieces yet. Ewwww....
Let's see, we did the bunny, buzzsaw and now for the booties. I work with Irena. She's from Russia and we just hit it off from the beginning of my working at ITN. She makes me laugh. Sometimes I can't understand half of what she's saying but she keeps me in stitches.

Anyway, she's been knitting since she was 8 and loves it when I show her what my sister and nieces have been working on. She made these for me Monday night and gave them to me Tuesday at work. They're mohair and just the softest darn booties I've ever touched.

I think I embarrassed her and made her proud all at the same time because when I was at the front desk, I put them on top of the counter where everyone could see them as they walked by. When someone asked me about them I proudly told them Irena made them for me. She got lots of compliments.

Oh for those knitters in the family, she loves to knit and crochet baby blankets, booties, sweaters, etc. for new mothers. She can't afford to keep buying yarn so she gets it from....are you ready for this???? The second hand/Goodwill store. She buys sweaters dirt cheap, brings them home and washes/cleans them, then takes them apart and reuses the yarn for more baby stuff. I never would have thought of that.

She loves it when I show her the family blogs and new projects everyone is working on. I've promised to send her pictures of the blankets my sister made for the baby and my son and daughter-in-law.

Oh...maybe I'll do that right now! Yep, so I'll hush up and start editing pictures for Irena. Bye!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I've heard of recycling yarn that way. I'll look through my yarn and see if I have anything I know I'm not going to use. Yes, I've donated yarn to Good Will. I'm sure that will shock Mom. I don't see the point in keeping it, if I'm not going to use it.

We have jack rabbits on the airfield at work. Mostly I see them at night. We also have hawks.

Kelly O said...

I too have donated yarn, I donate any yarn I may not use to the hospital auxiliary, the ladies that run it knit and crochet the yarn up and sell the blankets to raise money to help at the hospital.

The booties are very cute.

Wudas said...

No it doesn't shock me that anyone donates yarn. What will shock you is that I do too. I just gave a whole bunch of it away to a new knitter that can't afford yarn. It's better that yarn you are not going to use goes to someone who can use and enjoy it.

We have jack rabbits all over the place here. Are they are pretty good sized.

Those are lovely booties.