Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day Two....

This is where I work. I'm loving it. It's soooooo different from the bank. First off, everyone likes each other. Second, they all want to be there. Third, the company really seems to appreciate its employees.

There's actually a ping pong table in one of the 3 lunch rooms. They supply all tea and coffee. Also they have a soda machine like the fast food restaurants. You can get a buzz refilling your soda all day long.
I haven't met the CEO yet but I've seen his dogs. Yep, he brings them to work. Anyone who loves his animals that much has to be a great person.
Even though I've just been there 2 days, I'm loving it. I'm helping Maureen who runs the front desk. She's a jack of all trades and extremely sweet and patient. I don't think she has a mean bone in her body. Everyone appears to be that way.

Yesterday, I answered the phone and lost the guy during the transfer. When he called back I told him it was my fault and I was sorry. Then explained I was only a few hours old. He joked with me and laughed at me. Luckily the second try went through.

What I love best about this job over the Bank is, I get to leave it at work. I'm not taking any stress home and just show up to help Maureen on projects.

When I worked for the bank, I was always waking up during the night thinking what I had to do the next day, which officers I had to deal with and what things I needed to completed. Yep, iTradeNetwork is definitely the complete opposite of the bank.

It's also nice that it just takes 20 minutes to get there. It's a straight shot down Camino Tassajara then Las Positas and I'm there.


3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's great that you're loving your new job.

Wudas said...

It sounds like a good fit. It's nice to get out and talk to other grown ups, isn't it?

Kelly O said...

Nice to have found a job you are enjoying so much.