Monday, March 29, 2010

Among the Employed

Well, today I start my new job. I'm not nervous. I don't know why, I'm just not. Maybe because the interview went so well and everyone was so nice. Maybe because I was a merchandiser for so long and got used to constantly meeting new people. Or....maybe, at my age it's a natural progression not to be nervous. Who knows.

I decided what I was going to wear yesterday but instantly ran into a problem. I'd lost so much weight my skirts don't fit anymore. My comment to D was, "I didn't know I'd gotten that fat!"

I don't remember what his comment was only that it was diplomatic. LOL!

I bought some new tops at Kohl's the other day. I couldn't find any slacks but the tops were a screamin' deal. The dress code is casual professional. I had on a nice dress for the interview and got the impression I was overdressed for the office. I'm wearing a skirt and sweater today but I'll be checking to see what everyone else is wearing.

Just a short and sweet blog post this morning. Gotta put something on walkersforknockers2010.blogspot.com now.



3 comments:

Wudas said...

You look great! And I'm sure you'll do just fine at the new job.

Shannon said...

What is your new job?

Kelly O said...

Have fun at the new job. You look great.