Sunday, March 7, 2010

Cancer Pillows

I often laugh at my thought processes and how I come up with some of the stuff I do.

In my previous post, I mentioned Nancy's breast cancer fight. She'd asked if I would make some heart pillows to donate for women to use after their surgery. The pillow Sarah sent me a sample of looked like a convention heart pillow so, I made the pattern above. I curved the center of the top of the heart a bit more to comfortably fit under your arm.
The pillow isn't quite a perfect heart but fits very nicely under the arm. I told Nancy if she wanted them to look more like a Valentine's heart I could do that. She said, "NO! They're perfect and fit great!"

I love this design. It was supposed to be black with flesh thread sewing out the face and hands. I thought that wouldn't depict all women battling breast cancer, so I omitted the face indicating the disease doesn't care about skin color.
I thought this bible was pretty and would appeal to the more religious woman.
Nancy fell in love with this pillow, so I told her to keep it for herself. She was thrilled because she was drawn to the fleece and the quilt style heart. Now she can have a pillow at home and one to keep in her car for her trips to the doctor.

Our Walkers for Knockers team is forming nicely. I've made my goal with a promise from a former boss to donate $25 dollars to my walk.

Sarah & Brittany (our captains) are working on a hilarious way to raise money for our team. I created a blog for Walkers for Knockers so if you want, you can track what we're doing. It's at http://walkersforknockers2010.blogspot.com/. I've also added a link to the right side of this blog that will take you there.

Well, that's it for today. Time to go through the mail and ignore the bills and throw the rest away. Hahahahahahaha!

2 comments:

Wudas said...

I love the pillows. Especially the quilted heart design. A very nice job once again.

Shannon said...

Love the pillows. The quilted heart design is my favorite too.