Wednesday, July 1, 2009

What a deal!

Monday I'm at the top of the Altamont Pass minding my own business enjoying the wind in my hair, when some strange lady in a pick-up truck pulls beside me and says, "Psssssst....hey lady, I'll trade you some apricots for your dogs". Now....me being a dog lover, really had to think this over. It's been years since I've had fresh apricots so I'm afraid my tummy won out over my love for dogs.

I handed over the dogs and received a huge colander full of beautiful apricots. Last night was cool enough to turn most of them into Apricot Cobbler. YUM!
The pan barely made it out of the oven when leprechauns snuck in and removed a chunk while it was still hot. Darned Irish!
These are the lone soldiers left. Guess we'll have to force ourselves to choke them down. Ahhhh....the sacrifices we must make in life. These are ice cold in the refer so I'm ready for the heat now.

Oh the dogs? The woman promised not to eat them. She's guaranteed they're joining a loving home where she already has a couple of dogs....birds....horses....

2 comments:

Shannon said...

That's a funny description of the dog/apricot hand off.

Wudas said...

There's more where those came from. Got any more dogs?