Friday, July 31, 2009

No Laughing Allowed...

Just to prove sometimes it's the simplest things in life that make us happy, here's what thrilled me today.

I went out to my bounty of tomato plants and on the smallest, youngest bush was this itsy bitsy cherry tomato. My first ripe one of the season. It's sitting in a teaspoon so you can get the idea of it's humongous size.

Okay, it wasn't quite ripe but still better than the cardboard ones I buy in the grocery store. Being a fair minded person, I actually cut the little thing in half and shared it with D. He held back his making fun of me and my tomato. He actually smiled and went, "Mmmmmmm....good".

Now that what I call love.

1 comment:

Wudas said...

I did the same thing and continue to fight the peacocks for my share of the tomatoes.