Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Work & Training Time

Yesterday morning I could tell it was going to be hot..hot..hot.. so I decided I'd stack the leftover bead board in the wagon and get it moved to the other side of the yard. It took a couple of very tall loads but I got everything moved and stacked before 9:00 a.m.
It was already hot in the sun and I was sure glad I was unloading and stacking mostly in the shade.
It's hard to tell but the 3 highest stacks are taller than me. It felt odd swinging those long boards over my head to get stacked. Hopefully, D will get his metal frame up behind his shed so I can move this wood one last time before he decides where he's going to use it. This is the 3rd time I've moved and stacked the darn stuff. I can handle one more time if I know it's the last time I'll touch it.

Okay, the exercise certainly didn't hurt me one teeny bit. I could probably use more physical work in my life. I just don't have to like it.
I went in this morning to talk to D and this is what I found. He was working on his computer completely oblivious a deer was eating his Japanese Maple behind him.
Even my showing up at the door didn't scare the little beauty. Time to make her scared of humans so she doesn't get hurt on the road. This time around screaming and waving my arms did the trick. Time to find a reliable paint ball gun to educate her on where the boundaries are. It's the most humane way I can come up with the make the deer afraid of people. Granted they look funny with a blob of paint on their butts but if it saves the life of one, then my work is done.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

We found the paint ball gun works well with the neighbor's chickens. I wonder which is harder to hit?

Shannon said...

I think a chicken would be harder to hit than a deer. I think a deer is a much larger target.