Monday, June 29, 2009

Reception

I don't get to do this kind of stuff very often, so I jumped at the chance to frame S & S's announcement. Their colors were black, red and white. I did learn one important thing. Years ago shadow box frames were a dime a dozen. I went to 5 stores before I found two of them I could choose from. I almost had to remove stuff from one of my old frames and use it. This frame wasn't as deep as I'd like but it turned out nice in spite of it.
Okay, I can honestly say Heather didn't get her ability to pose as a sex kitten from mom. I told her to give me a sexy pose and this is what she came up with. Hahahahaha! I'm waiting for her to break out in song any minute. Sorry mom, this picture was just to darn funny not to post. You can spank me next time we're together. Hahahahaha!
Ha! Me with my kid! Finally a picture I like. Okay, it would have been nice to have the top of his head in the picture but beggars can't be choosers. LOL!
Scott's partner brought S & S beautiful leis. They were a breathtaking dark lavender. What a wonderful surprise!
I'm trying to remember how old I am. Hmmmmm....12? If you look past the trees behind Sarah, you'll see a lake. I walked to the lake with Patrick, Marge, Stephanie and the baby. I had this huge red and white golf umbrella to protect my white Irish skin. The population was 98% hispanic and here I am not only alabaster white but I had to bring myself into focus for all to see with a huge red and white umbrella. LOL!

Anyway, I watched Patrick swim while I waded with Steph and the baby. Then Scott showed up and he and Patrick swam together. Not to be outdone and the fact that it was around 107 degrees out, I just figured, "What the heck....I'll dry out fast" and went swimming dress and all.

Now if I'd been in my twenties, I don't think I would have done it. But I'm at the age where comfort outweighs make up and hair. Yep, when I was done, the hair went flat, the make up base was washed off the bottom portion of my face and just mascara was left on my eyes. Ya know what? I didn't care. The bottom portion of the dress dried out fast. The top portion with the built in bra stayed wet and cool for about 3 hours. Now I know which dress to wear in the heat because I can soak the bra portion and stay cool for hours. LOL!

No comments: