Sunday, July 26, 2009

Going Nuts!

I've been going crazy trying to find a horrible smell in the bedroom. When I got back from my trip it hit me. I'd smell it most at night in bed. I thought maybe a mouse had crawled under the bed and died. Yesterday I ripped all the blankets and sheets off the bed, took the mattress off and pulled off one of the box springs. This is what I saw. Nothing...zilch...nada. Hrrrumph!

Well, at least I cleaned up the dust bunnies, removed the electric blanket for the summer and have clean crisp sheets on the bed. I even washed the pillows and comforter which are down. Contrary to the manufacturers instructions, they actually wash up and dry very nicely.
I love the weekends because D works and it lets me clean the house and do my chores uninterrupted. Okay, that's not quite true, I always have help from the canines. Here they are helping me push the mattress back onto the box springs.

I've always had insomnia and the doctor has tried several times to regulate my sleeping. It works for a short time then I'm back to waking up over and over again at night.

When I was in Washington, I slept like a rock. For me that means one trip to the bathroom and one, 'for no reason' wake up. It was wonderful. It told me I am capable of sleeping if left alone.

I came home and told D the Bear was to be caged at night and no longer allowed to sleep in the bed with us. My sleep pattern is much better. I still wake up a couple of times but go back to sleep instantly. When I was away, I realized how much the Bear wakes me up sleeping on me, pushing me off the bed and her most frequent maneuver....pushing my head off the pillow so she could sleep on it.

I'm much happier with the only animal in my bed at night being my husband. LOL! I've even been sleeping in until after 8:00 because I'm in such a deep sleep. Before I'd try and sleep in because I was exhausted. Now I'm hoping I can continue to sleep through the night and eventually get back to my waking up between 5:00 & 6:00 a.m. I miss watching the sun rise.

Ohhhhh...the horrible smell in the bedroom? Are you ready for this? D said it was v....e...r....y hot when I was gone and he was sweating like you wouldn't believe. He threw his wet sweaty clothes in the hamper by the bed where they decided to ripen and ferment while I was gone. I put the hamper in the laundry room yesterday and the bedroom smelled wonderful last night.

Today I'll finish washing up the bedspread and move on to the rancid stuff in the hamper. I'm thinking I'll be using a lot of vinegar with detergent today. LOL!

1 comment:

Shannon said...

That's funny that Uncle Dave's clothes were smelling up the bedroom. I'm glad that you're sleeping better.