Friday, July 3, 2009

Random Stuff...

Sometimes I have a DUH moment. Actually, as I grow older I seem to have more and more of them.

Check this out. I'm sure I'm the second to the last one on earth (D being the last) to see Safari gives me these shortcuts. Each morning I type in the beginning letters of where I want to go on line and the computer outsmarts me and finishes up the html address for me. It's a nice shortcut and convenient for those pages I go to often....CL, Family Blogs, Jigzone, Yahoo mail, etc.

My fingernails have been growing so long they hit extra keys at random times. They hit this little box at the top of my screen and this came up. It shows the most often used sites (my favorites). All I do is click on the picture and it magically takes me there. No typing part of the web address.

I've used Safari how many years and never knew this shortcut was there. How many more goodies are on this computer I have no clue are there? Yep, this was definitely a DUH moment.
D wanted a patriotic design put on something for him to wear. I put this (it's very large) on the back of a cream color Levi's shirt for him and added it to his Father's Day gifts. Personally, I think it looks lonely being the only design on the shirt. I've almost got him convinced the yoke and above the pocket needs something also. I'm working on him for small designs on the cuffs also but he's resisting.
The Bear misses Tess. They'd both get on the lawn about the time I turned on the sprinklers and get soaked. Tess took it all in stride and would eventually wander off the lawn and the Bear would run like her tail was on fire. The other day she took the attitude of Tess and just meandered over to me all wet like she wouldn't melt with wet fur. Good job Tess!
I got a call from S yesterday. She wanted to go to Social Security and officially become a member of the family by changing her name. Here she is pleased as punch she now has a 4 letter last name which is faster to write. Next week she'll tackle DMV. I've already advised her to make an appointment.

It was a tough day. Half an hour at SS. An hour at lunch. Three hours shopping. It was hell I tell ya.

D and I saw Transformers today. I like the first one the best. I was really looking forward to the sequel and was disappointed it was so long and very little interaction with the humans. I thought the first one had a great blend of Transformers and human interaction. This one felt like it was CG most of the time. I was actually getting restless and losing interest in the long drawn out CG fight scenes. Am I getting old?

2 comments:

Wudas said...

I didn't realize the two big girls got along so well.

Shannon said...

That's a cool design for Uncle Davei's shirt.

Will and I both found the second Transformers movie to be long. The fight sequences were way to long and the story line was weak. The first movie was way better. I was wiggling around in my seat a lot.