Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What I learned about Doxies


Okay...okay...mom gives me her big doxie, Dave puts it in the entry hall until I find where I'd like to put it and all is fine.  We leave the area and hear Nisie growling.  When we come out to see what's happening, she's got her hair on end and is growling at the doxie statue.   Nuttie thinking it's a threat to her pup starts growling.  Neither notice the statue isn't moving or paying a bit of attention.  Neither notice it isn't breathing or blinking but they are both growling.  It's absolutely hilarious.

The statue has been in the house 4 days now and Nuttie will finally get close, sniff it and decide it isn't real.  Nisie still hasn't figured it out.  She stands a respectable distance and growls.  I might actually have to take her in, put her next to it and knock on it so she can hear it's plaster.

I used to think dachshunds were intelligent but this little exercise is making me think again.  LOL! 

2 comments:

Wudas said...

When Shannon was living with us I had this wooden alligator on the hearth. She has a kitten. The kitten was sneaking up on the alligator and I said, "BOO!" I'm telling you that cat jumped straight up in the air and when she touched down she was gone! We laughed until we cried.

What do people without pets do for laughter?

Shannon said...

I remember the kitten and the wooden alligator. It was really funny!
That story is very funny.