Monday, October 20, 2008

Socks...

I spent the weekend away from home catching up on shopping, visiting mom in the hospital and taking stuff to Nana.  

Today I'm supposed to be cleaning house and catching up on the truckload of laundry that needs to be done.  So far I've paid one bill and have completely ignored the goodies I bought at Wally World last night on the way home from Patterson.  I'm thinking they'll still be on the table and counter when I peek my head out the door after I've completed typing this.

Anyway, when your sister asks, "So...do you want your birthday present now or do you want to wait until your birthday to open it?", my answer is always going to be, "NOW!".  Of course that was the correct answer.  It just so happens my feet are cold this morning so I've been wearing my brand spankin' new socks created by the loving hands of my sister Nana.  Aren't they cool?  They are loud and flashy kinda like my personality is at times.  Yep, these puppies scream my name.  

Look how cute they are.  I had to post them on my blog for the world to see.  My sister is a very talented person.  Actually, I don't know how my parents did it but all of us girls are talented in our own variety of ways.  At the very least we are all artsyfartsy.  As with most Americans, we're limited by the time we have available to get normal things done, which takes away from the time we'd love to be creative.  I believe most of our kids have inherited the creative gene in a variety of ways.  It's always refreshing to see what everyones been up to.

So, thank you so much for the great socks Nana.  I appreciate all the time and effort you put into making them.  Also, a big thank you to Nana's grandkids M & T for dying the yarn.  The colors are terrific and the socks are fantastic.  I love them.

Now....what's the top of my counter look like?  Maybe I can find it sometime today.  If I don't post on this blog in the next 4 days, send in the rescue squad to come and find me.  

Have a great day everyone!


3 comments:

Shannon said...

Your socks came out great!

Wudas said...

Glad you like 'em. Now I know what kind you like in the future.

Kelly O said...

Those socks are so pretty. I am continually amazed at the talent that runs though our family.