Friday, October 17, 2008


Now electricity is something I usually leave to him because it's one of my least favorite things to do.  I'll tackle it if he's not home and I really, really want something done (I don't get that desperate very often).  This time he brought over the saw and a new cord and expected me to replace the darn thing.  He wanted me to splice the new cord onto the old just after it came out of the saw housing.

Nope...not good enough.  The next thing he knew I had the saw in two pieces, cut the old cord inside the housing and was ready to go. He came over with these little metal dohickies I hadn't seen before and showed me how to splice the ends together squishing the metal piece forcing the ends together.  I added electrical tape (so as not to fry him when he turned on the power), put the little beast back together and as you can see by the picture, the saw works and D didn't get electrocuted.

3 comments:

Wudas said...

I've crimped a couple of dohickies myself. If you want to feel better about your garage come look at mine. Darryl once had to borrow a circular saw from a neighbor because he couldn't find his. I can't imagine why.

Shannon said...

Mom, that's funny!

dwgnldy said...

D. just grumbles and swears when he has to go into the garage. He's expanded into two outbuildings. One of which I'm working on these days. The shed was suppose to be stuff for the kids and somehow some of D's car and garage stuff made it out there.

I on the other hand, step into the garage, look around from the step and then go to the store to buy what I need. LOL!