Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Airing My Dirty Laundry...

Yesterday was such a boring day and today is rapidly becoming the same.  I haven't done laundry in two weeks and here is the result. Shameful I know but I really hate laundry.  If I could wear cheap, inexpensive, biodegradable disposable clothing, I would.

I did laundry and stayed in the kitchen all day yesterday folding and cleaning.  I had three loads that were already washed and just needed folding waiting for me when I woke up.  

Being Irish, I still think when I sleep the leprechauns are going to come in at night and clean up after us.  So far the little buggers haven't shown up.  I'm thinking they can't get off their barstools long enough to visit my house.

When D got home from work around 3:30 yesterday I was still in the kitchen folding and cleaning.  To say I was dead on my feet would be an understatement.

This counter was a bit of a challenge because there were so many different things to tackle and most of them took me out of the room.  That means resisting the urge to get started in another room when I visit it.  A non fatal disease I suffer from.  I think it's called, "nonfocalitis".

Anyway, I got the box on the right put away.  It contained the China tea set mom gave me.  I was a good girl and actually put it in the china cabinet.  GO ME!  The little black picture on the counter, I actually put in the guest room and will hopefully hang it next week sometime.  You can't see it but there is a big hand embroidered picture laying flat on the counter.  My mother in law made that back in the 70's.  It's real cute.  I painted the frame last week and actually put the picture back in it yesterday.  Now it too is sitting in the guest room waiting to be hung.  At least it made its way into the correct portion of the house.

The island was nice because it was paperwork that I threw away and paint/stain I needed to put away.  Easy, piece of cake, a cinch, a 5 minute job.



Look at this table, it's a mess and I created it all by myself.  This morning however, it looks great.  I put the pomegranates Nana gave me in a nice metal bowl on the counter.  That way they not only look nice but are easy to grab, clean and eat.  YUM!  I had one for breakfast.  Gave each dog a little taste and they all loved it.

Anyway, I got the clothes folded, went through tons of papers and either threw them away, filed them, or put them in the bill folder to be taken care of on the first of the month.  I even cleaned the desk in the kitchen and got rid of stuff.  Yep, I had a garbage bag and dumped stuff without giving it a second thought.  boy did that feel good.  I think what felt the nicest was actually polishing the wood on the kitchen table and making it look pretty.  Considering the table is almost 30 years old, it's in great shape.  

Well, I hear D is done cleaning the pine needles out of the rain gutters so now I don't have an excuse not to stain another door.  I didn't want debris on my new stain and cleaning the gutters was a great excuse to be lazy.  Soooo....off to work I go....more staining and laundry.  Yep, just another day in the jungle.





5 comments:

Wudas said...

Isn't that what counters and kitchen tables are for? Lining up stuff you need to do. Laundry isn't my favorite chore either. It must run in the family. It's not the washing and drying, it's the folding and putting away. And, like the dishes, it's never ending. At least dirty laundry is easier to hide.

Shannon said...

Will also hates foldling clothes. Much to my frustration and dismay he has the ability to sit next to a laundry basket full of clean clothes, and not touch any of them while he watches tv.

Will's side of the family has what I call flatsurfaceitis. They cover any flat surface with stuff. I can totaly relate to "nonfacalitis."

wilsajedi said...

just to be clear, I hate folding clothes.

Kelly O said...

I don't mind the laundry. Good thing as I do whole ton if it. I would much rather do the laundry than scrub the kitchen floor and do the dishes, also a never ending job in this house.

I am of the school of thought that if we all went naked there would be very little laundry to do. Anyone want to join me.

Excuse me...I have to go do the breakfast dishes.

dwgnldy said...

I'm with Kelly. Not only will going naked free us up from laundry but we'll put the foot doctor out of business. I think shoes were invented so they could create a job for someone to fix the damage they do to us. LOL!

Naked feet and naked bods! YEAH!