Monday, October 13, 2008

Meet the New Baby


Okay, okay...you know when you're not looking for something and it jumps right in your face.  Well that's what happened to me.  I was minding my own business cruising Craigs List (first mistake) and there it was!  Right there!  A listing less than 30 minutes old.  Destiny, yep that's it.

It's a 4 year old EMP6 with 4 hours and 142 stitches on it.  And it costs less than I paid for my first one.  Yepola, that's destiny.  Now I get those excited fluttery feelings in my tummy and grab for the phone.  Of course I prepare myself for the guy to say, "Sorry, sold!"  No siree, we make a date and up to Roseville we head. 

I was a prepared shopper.  I had six cones of thread, fabric hooped and ready to go and a pattern on a flash card.  I even threw in a bobbin.  Talk about not wanting any excuses not to use the machine.   I put the little beauty through a small pattern and it works great.  Okay, okay, not perfect because I used his cheap thread but I can live with that.

So now I have two machines and am ready for Christmas.  Now if I could just get Dave to work on the website.  Not having my name out there is killing me.  I've got the toys, I just need the work.

I donated a couple of totes and Zoobies to a local children's charity auction.  It takes place November 15th in Alamo.  Here's hoping I can pick up some Christmas business from that.  If not, it's an expensive lesson learned.


2 comments:

Shannon said...

Nice machine!

Wudas said...

Get a regular business license and join your local Chamber of Commerce. That will jump start you like crazy. They will mention their business in their mailings and may do a mixer for your business. Most Chambers do mixers and they are fun. For a social happy person like you it would be a good deal.