Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Yawn......it's Tuesday

Sunday we went to the kids to put up the crib and came home to a larger swarm of ants. This has been going on for over a month now. Where's the darn queen?

I think it's time to figure out how to get D up in the attic to spray. They aren't coming from outside. I've sprayed the foundation around the house twice and D once. There are no trails anywhere. These little creeps are living in the rafters. Oye vey.

I came home last night and there were even more. Talk about breeding like crazy. I do like the fact that if they leave this corner I kill them by spraying 409 on the kitchen counter. It snuffs them out instantly.
When I was changing to go to the kids I found this on my leg. It's huge and I haven't a clue where or when I got it. Usually I'll bump myself and then think I'll remember what I did later. Not this time. It just appeared by magic. I think it looks a bit like South America. LOL!
Well, it's obnoxious grandma time. We put the crib up Sunday. D and S were supposed to do it. As you can see S handles an awkward box pretty well.
While D takes a minute to conference with the help on how to attack the project. I'm sure Cole had tons of ideas for D.
Let's see....box says, 'do not use knife to cut open box'. Explains why D is using scissors. LOL!
Confused? Hahahahahaha! How can one crib have so many parts?
Once a Manager always a Manager. Let the young tackle the grunt work while you read the directions.
The important keeper of the small parts. She doled them out perfectly except I want to know why we had two parts left over. Hmmmmmm.....
Now the mother of the child suggested doing this in the bedroom because the crib won't fit through the door and hall once assembled. The father of the child ignored her......for awhile.
Note the crib has been moved to the bedroom for assembly. I love it when the women are right.
Okay, okay...it was supposed to be a guy project but the Irish in me just wouldn't butt out. It turned out to be a competition between mom and son on who could assemble their corners fastest. I think it was a wash.
Just a few finishing touches and walla! A crib for one.
S stumbled on this crib set by accident at Ross. It matches the room perfectly!
Ya think they're gonna be proud parents?
Some of the animals S made and put on the wall. They're much cuter in person.

Okay, I'm going to work now so you guys won't have to deal with anymore baby stuff this posting. I'm leaving now....watch me leave....bye.....I'm moving....really I am.....

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I love all the photos of the crib being put together. Very nice post.

Wudas said...

We have had ant problems the whole time we've been here in Patterson. To the point that the bug spray guy's boss came to check it out because he sprayed us so often in between. Eventually it got better and we didn't really need them any more. Until this year. I found the Terro works very well unless you live on an ant hill of huge size. So the bug guy is back. I can get sprayed regularly with chemicals I cannot buy for less than it costs me to buy all that Terro. Go figure! The ants are now living outside again.

Kelly O said...

Great photos of the crib being put together. I love the joy and excitement on everyone's faces as the crib gets assembled.

When is her due date.