Saturday, September 10, 2011

I am sooooo far behind!

This is my desktop. I usually try to keep it pretty clear and put the important stuff on my hard drive. As you can see, I've fallen very far behind. The guys who take care of our computers at work tell us to keep our stuff off our desktops and on our hard drives so if our computer crashes, they can usually retrieve almost all of our work.

I've been meaning to post pictures since before I got back from the cousin reunion and just haven't had the time. In the black area of my desktop all those little squares are pictures I need to edit and post on my blog.

I figure since I'm already out of date order, I'm just going to grab a batch and post it. Then I can clear them from my desktop and look efficient again.
So....I'm starting with the pictures I took last night (Friday 9-9). As the sun was going down the dark storm clouds rolled in. It was so darn tropical, I felt like I was back in Fiji on vacation again.

Unfortunately, I had to reduce the size of this picture too much. In the original, I could see about half of the moon's shadow hidden in the clouds. It was really cool. It couldn't be seen by the naked eye but the camera picked it up.
Now, picture me sitting verrrrry still for about 10 minutes with the camera perched on my knees. Yep, I did that. We had so much lightening, I was determined to get a shot of it. The only problem is, I didn't know when it would strike and by the time the shutter opened and closed, the lightening was gone.

So use your imagination on this. Right in the center of the picture it's a little pink. Well, that's the end of the flash of lightening. So, technically I'm going to say I caught a picture of the flash. LOL.
Looking out the front of the house, the sky was dark on the left and clear on the right. When I started to rotate toward the back, I got a bit of blue showing through the storm.
As I turned to the garage side, I saw some dark clouds but mostly clear.
Within minutes Mother Nature was giving me a breathtaking view that knocked my socks off.

I called D out so he could stand in the hot rain with me. I love it when it's muggy and wet. Especially when the raindrops are those huge fat puppies. It's the time you don't care you hair and clothing is getting all wet.

4 comments:

Wudas said...

Do you have an exterior hard drive you store files on? I have one that I back up my files on.

dwgnldy said...

It's on my 'to do' list. Dave's computer automatically backs up on a external for him.

I just upgraded my OS a couple of months ago so mine will do the same. I just have to find the $$$ to buy an external drive.

Shannon said...

We had thunder, lightning and wind, but no rain on Friday night. Taylor and I watched the lightning from our living room window for a while.

Kelly O said...

What a show mother nature dished up for you. Beautiful pictures.