Sunday, September 18, 2011

Another Saturday Gone....

Here's a little history with our neighbors. Years ago they used to brew beer. They were very serious and very good at it. They have this 'guest house' that had 3 rooms in it. They wanted us to help turn the kitchen and bath into one large room tiled from floor to ceiling and add a huge fan and industrial sink so they can brew their beer.

It's locked up so I had to take pictures through the sliding glass door. But here's the tile job D and I did for them on the walls. The pictures for the floor just wouldn't turn out but it's the same tile with them alternating light and dark for a checkered pattern. On one end is a large drain.

D had to rewire the entire thing which of course I find that part boring and just not in my realm of interest. This room is about the same shape and size of Shannon's kitchen. There's a larger 'living room' in front.

This is why when they wanted their deck rebuilt, they came to D.
Last weekend we ended up with this. Just turning the corner to the second side of the deck.
Saturday, when I got there, I was amazed how much D had gotten done. He leaves mundane chores for me to do.

See that big beam sticking out? Well there are three of them.
Here I am straddling one of them installing additional big bolts. It's too high up so I had to sit on it with my legs dangling. That makes it hard to get leverage because I have nothing to brace myself against.
I love this drill! It has so much torque, it'll send me spinning in circles if I don't use it at low speed. Even then, it could very easily snap my wrist. It's fun but I highly respect its power.
So my question is, 'How in the world did D get those beams up there and installed all by himself'. I asked him and he just smiled. So I think that means, "Honey, you don't want to know".
D wants to make sure this deck doesn't fall apart like the other one. Talk about sistering boards together! Does my husband over build or what?

I can honestly say, when he makes something, it takes an act of God to blow it apart. LOL! Well that's not completely true because the winds up here have blown our neighbor's gazebos and arbors apart and ours are still standing.

Cudos to you sweetie!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You and Uncle Dave do great work!

Kelly O said...

It looks great. How much of it complete?