Sunday, September 25, 2011

Friday, Saturday & Sunday....

They were making fun of me Friday at work because I was telling them how beautiful the sunrise was that morning.

Just before 6:00 I looked outside and saw this. Is it beautiful or what? At 5:30 it was pitch dark, just before 6 Mother Nature put on a show.
The moon was showing through the clouds. It was a quarter moon and just as bright as can be. It was so pretty I didn't feel quite so foolish running from the front to the backyard in my nightgown snapping pictures.
The top picture of the moon was taken in the backyard. By the time I'd moved to the front, the sky had lightened this much. It just teaches you to grab the camera right away because Mother Nature moves fast and in the blink of an eye.

Speaking of eye, Rene at work said the only thing he wants to see at that time in the morning is the inside of his eyelids. LOL! I'm thinking I won't be seeing him on any early morning sightseeing tours.
I was going to embroider all day Saturday but woke up to more ants. Technically they never went away. We just get new hoards of them. They thin out and then a new swarm comes through. I'd think by now, we'd have poisoned the queen but it looks like she's still alive and kicking in the attic somewhere.

If D didn't have a car blocking access to the attic, I'd send his tushie up there to spray. Since the car is on blocks, there's no way we can move it. Welcome to my world. sigh.....
I decided Saturday I wanted the house in that, "Companies coming!" mode. You know where everything is clean and pretty? So....I didn't embroider. Instead I spent all day cleaning, cleaning and then cleaning some more.

The house is beautiful and it feels good to know, I don't need company to come over in order get it in that condition. I was exhausted last night but so happy to look around at everything shiny, clean and polished.

When I was bleaching the kitchen sink, something caught my eye. I ran to get my camera and this is what I shot. See the tail?
This is the coyote that's been visiting the yard the past couple of months. When he first showed up he was very skinny and sickly looking. He's apparently been doing a terrific job keeping the rodent population under control.

He usually wanders through the hill in the morning. This was around 1:30 so I was surprised to see him.

He's the size of a large german shepherd, very shy and now very healthy. Only the bear is let out alone to go potty and now I have to keep an eye on her. The odds of this guy bothering her are pretty slim but stranger things have been known to happen.

It was nice to wake up this morning to a clean house. I got dressed, made the bed and my work was done. I grabbed a bunch of strawberries and a glass of milk for breakfast, then sat down and finished a book on my kindle.

I thought I'd catch up my blog before heading to my son's house. D will meet us there after work today and we'll put up the crib we bought for the baby. Now that's going to be a fun afternoon!

2 comments:

Wudas said...

We have lots and lots of coyotes here. We see them all the time. They look a little ratty from time to time but I think they manage quite well during the summer to fatten themselves up for winter. We listen to their music almost every night.

Kelly O said...

That coyote is looking very healthy. We have one in our neighborhood right now that ate someones dog and two cats. It has even attacked a black lab. The conservation officers have set traps for it, but they are very smart animals and it continues to evade the traps.

The kids are warned to stay together and make lots of noise. I am afraid of it attacking a small kid if it is brave enough to attack a black lab. They apparently can be quite bold.