Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Weird Stuff

Okay, this is going to be a posting of just weird stuff. Yesterday it was so cold I decided to make Lasagna. Look how pretty it is. I told D, it could be in a cookbook.

I was a little disappointed in it. D loved it but I thought it was just a bit bland. More garlic and parmesan cheese next time. I used Ricotta cheese this time and felt it was lacking a bit of flavor. It sure is pretty though.
I was wandering this afternoon and decided if the house ever burned down, I'd move the garage to the other side and make this the view from the living room and master bedroom. It's the only side of the property that doesn't show all the growth of new neighborhoods. So the best view of the house is in the garage. LOL!

I love how the slides have etched themselves into the hillside. The lake is a real icky mucky brown. Cool!
I swore I wouldn't post any more deer pictures then went out and there was a herd of about 15. Only four of which were females. In the 25 years we've lived here, I've never seen so many males clustered together. It was a very strange sight. These are youngsters.
Look at this little guy. He only has one antler left. Look how close to his head the other one broke off. He even tilts his head funny. LOL! No....Nana, I didn't see the antler around anywhere. Hahahahaha!
A few weeks back I told my friend in Australia I was in to drinking hot tea these days. I hate coffee, don't drink soda or alcohol. I get tired of milk, OJ and water. Tea is good for you so I thought I'd give it a try.

Anyway, he sent me some tea from Australia. It's FANTASTIC! I really love it. It's mild with just a hint of mint.

Since it's real tea and not in bags, I had to go out and buy a little dokicky to put the loose tea in. This is what I came home with.
I went to Macy's and they only had one kind. It was by Martha Stewart. It was pricy and awkward to open.

I ended up at Bed Bath and Beyond and they had about 7 to choose from. The salesperson laughed at me because I had to put on my glasses to see what the different styles were. I asked him what was the difference between the $4.00 and $14.00 ones. He laughed and said, "Oh about 10 bucks!" Hahahahahahaha!

I picked this one because you just squeeze the handle and it opens for easy cleaning.

Yep, I told you this was going to be a weird posting. Just a mishmash of thoughts. I bought a purse a couple of weeks back and am embroidering a claddagh on it as I type this. Maybe I'll come up with a design for the back side of the purse and then take some pictures.

Well, if I don't post tomorrow or Friday.....everyone have a safe and wonderful Christmas!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

That's a beautiful view. I have several different tea balls that I like to use. I don't have one like your's. Mine is on a small chain with a hook that hooks onto the side of the tea cup.

Wudas said...

I have one like that and the hook one and one that is heart shaped.

Try some of the tea that is put together in a flower. You need a glass tea pot to enjoy the whole thing but it is very tasty tea. Most coffee stores sell tea and tea things but also look at Cost Plus. One of the bath stores sells very nice tea. Shannon will remember which one. There is one is Stoneridge mall in Pleasanton.

Kelly O said...

I have a heart shaped one for loose tea. Amazing there can be so many to choose from.