Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Christmas

It takes me 5 full days to get all the Christmas decorations up. I got almost all of them out this year but gave up and didn't get to the third closet of stuff. I always have a village over the planter area. It takes about 1 1/2 days to put together so I decided to skip it this year.

Luckily, I had lots of 4 legged help. I turned around and there was Nisie up on the footstool I was using. I don't know how she got up there. In one big jump I believe. I wouldn't have noticed her except Nuttie was whining. I checked to see what she wanted and there she was. She couldn't get up with her daughter.

I could just hear that little black dog laughing at her mom. LOL!
Well, the reindeer stockings made it up. I'm happy with the way they turned out. The designs could actually have been a bit bigger. As it is, they're pretty large so I'm not going to worry much about it.
They look so much better than the old red glue and glitter stockings. They're more professional looking and just darned pretty.
I ran out today and bought some red pillow cases to go with the Christmas bedspread I use each year. Luckily, I haven't had time to reupholster the headboard so the hooker red goes just fine with the Christmas theme. LOL!
My sister C, sent me a combo Christmas gift and birthday present. Because the birthday present was included, I got to open everything together. They're gorgeous! Gladdagh earings and a necklace with my birthstone. I love them! They're so ME.

I'm wearing what my sister E gave me. Can't tell you what they are because....well, it's Christmas and I don't know who'll read this. I will say, I'm toasty warm. Thanks Nana!
I had to do a change on the gifts I was doing for the sisters. The original idea is going to take me about 3 days each, so I had to run out and buy something else today. While at Kohl's, I found this pretty sweater. I liked it so much I changed into it in the car! It goes great with my new boots which were like walking around in slippers. They were worth every penny I spent on them.

Oh yeah....I also bought the sweater in red.

Well, time to start working on the sister's gifts. Talk about changing directions in mid stream. No pressure!

2 comments:

Wudas said...

You are welcome. Please. Don't tell me that there is plastic covering the fabric on that red headboard.

dwgnldy said...

Sad to say, there is. It came that way. It's been there since it was new and now it's hard. The set is about 70 years old. We'll be painting it a pretty beige and then I'm thinking of putting a cream ultra suede where the red is.

Noooo....no plastic over the ultra suede. LOL!

I'm sure whatever the plastic is made of would probably be considered toxic in this day and age. Which would be why it's lasted all these years without a scratch. LOL!