Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Just Wandering....

D and I decided we'd go out yesterday (Monday) and see what was new at Blackhawk Shopping Center.

I think it's been about 15 years since we've been there. It's never been very enticing but in recent months they've remodeled to give the store fronts facing the parking lot display windows with pretty awnings. Big beautiful iron gates open and invite you in.

Compared to the malls in the Bay Area this Santa set up is very tiny. But it was adorable and the line was short so the kids didn't have to wait long. Santa spent lots of time talking to each child.

He was a great Santa! Really looked squeaky clean with elderly cheeks and a little ball nose. The beard was fake but the long white hair was definitely his. It was cool.
When we got there it was barely drizzling. It was one of our warmer days even though it was wet. I think there are more restaurants than stores here but I couldn't swear to it.
This is looking up at the Behring Auto Museum. You can't tell but it was pouring when I took this picture. I got soaked in the short time it took to get to the walkway and snap the picture.
I'm not sure if these are geese or swans. I think geese. They were pitch black and had a huge spray of white feathers hidden under the black ones. You normally can't see them but they were shaking them out in the rain.

I took lots of pictures hoping to get a shot with lots of white showing but it just wasn't working. I was getting wet and decided, the pictures I had would just have to do.

It was nice and relaxing wandering around just looking at the cool stuff. Not many people out so it was a nice Christmas stroll.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I can count on one hand how many times I've been to the Black Hawk shopping center. I enjoy just walking around and not even going into the stores. I think you're right, there are more restuarants than stores in that shopping center. The auto museum is really cool too.

Wudas said...

I think it's a lovely shopping place but I didn't find many stores there the time I went. Nice pictures of the birds.

Kelly O said...

I remember putting together a wine and food up there with the Chamber of Commerce when I practiced in that area.

Those pictures really take me back.