Monday, December 7, 2009

Little talk, lots of pictures!

Yesterday was sunny quite a bit of the day but COLD. I went out to check the thermometer on the porch and it was stuck at the bottom and wouldn't move. So much for working in the cold weather.

When D got home last night, I told him it smelled like snow. After almost 40 years, he's not surprised when my nose sniffs out a strange prediction.

The wind from the day before was nice enough to blow all the leaves off the Raywood Ash. It stacked everything neatly under the tree in a huge circle. It reminded me of playing in the leaves on Gilmore when we were little girls.
Put the Bear out this morning at 7 and it was snowing. Very slightly but you can see it stuck to the dog. The nose is rarely wrong! Hahahahaha!
The snow melted when it hit the ground but stuck to the tarps and BBQ. This was when it started at 7.
At 9 this much was still on the BBQ. It's 10 now and it's all gone.
Between jobs I've been trying to catch up on, "To Do" projects. I've been embroidering Christmas stockings. These are for S & S's cats. I still have the dogs and humans to complete.
The stocking wouldn't fit in the machine over the arm so I had to take out the right seam before hooping. I'll sew up the seam sometime this week.
I always have stockings for the reindeer decorating the shelf above the glass wall in the family room. I made some about 15 years ago out of glue and glitter. To say they look like a child made them is being generous.

I've wanted to embroider new ones for 3 years. I finally got them finished yesterday. I like the way they turned out. I just wish the camera didn't wash out the colors so much.

My goal was to make each one different and not repeat a pattern. I also wanted Rudolph's to stand out and be special, so he's the only one with a white stocking.







Now just imagine those colors brighter and shinier and you've got the idea.

I'll split today between embroidering and putting up Christmas decorations. I got about 1/16th of them out yesterday.

Time to quit messing around and get back to work! Hope you enjoyed the pictures.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Those ought to last you for a while. They look great!

Darryl said he drove in the snow to work this morning from when he got on I-5 to the 580 I-5 split. But it didn't snow here at the house.

Shannon said...

It didn't snow here either. If feels cold enough. It was odd to hear that they're de icing planes in San Jose and I watched someone slip on ice on the sidewalk in front of the terminal today.

The stockings are cool.