Monday, December 22, 2008

Grandkids!

My husband has come to the conclusion that I need grandchildren.  While he was working yesterday, I spent the entire day from 7:15 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. putting this little village together.
Okay, okay...maybe a few years ago it was a little village.  Somehow it seems to have grown.  I swear to myself every year I'm not going to buy anything to add to it.   When it comes time to put the village up again, there are boxes of new goodies I didn't own the previous year.  It's Elves...I tell ya!  

To spill my guts here, you can't see the box sitting on the floor that has more village goodies in it.  D doesn't even know that's what's in the box.  Guess he'll know if he reads this blog.  Oye!
You can't see it but there are three ponds to skate on.  Alright, they're broken mirrors with snow sprayed on them then wiped off but don't tell the kiddies that.
My villagers are very eco friendly.  If you'll note, there are no cars.  Nope, they take horses or walk where they want to go.  The cars are in the boxes and I think they'll stay there this Christmas.  Yep...it'll be a green year.

For those of you who are curious, yes the street lights go on.  It's a pain because they have to be turned on individually.  So do the bridges, archways, horse & carriage, snowman, etc.  That's another thing I think I'll do each year then don't get to it.  Wire everything to a master switch. That way I won't be hiding boxes under houses and the snow and I could touch one button and have instant lighting.  Just another thing on the 'to do' list.

Oh...what's the best part of the village?  It's right by the front door so when someone comes in the breeze blows snow all over the place.  It's a mess but because it makes me smile, I put up with it.

Now it's time to head out and put some boxes away and do some cleaning up.  It's been a laid back day today so I've done absolutely nothing constructive.  Maybe tomorrow I'll clean house and that'll leave Wednesday for wrapping presents.  Another mess I enjoy making.  Luckily S's present is on the back of the pick-up and will stay there until we celebrate Christmas on Sunday.  I love gifts to big to take off the truck.  LOL!

Happy Christmas everyone!

2 comments:

Wudas said...

It's the thing I miss most about not having any decorations this year. No village. And I, 'um, bought a couple clearance items for mine today. Just a couple horses and other animals. I have lots of those individually lit items too. If you figure out a way to work it to one switch let me know. I almost bought more but the thought of turning them all on and new batteries every year, ugh.

Shannon said...

One of our friends has a small village and he bought some kind of switch that everything plugs into, but it was kind of small and didn't look a power strip. Okay, maybe it's not as small as I thought it was. Will got a better look at it than I did.