Monday, December 15, 2008

Birthday Party

So mom's party turned out to be a success.  It was nice seeing everyone.  I just wish H had arrived earlier so she could hang out with her cousins.  She did have a nice one on one visit with mom after everyone left.

This is mom opening her....er I mean...E's kindle.  I got a recorded call from UPS today telling me the Kindle will be delivered between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. tomorrow and someone has to be home to sign for it.  Luckily D will be home because I have a doctors appointment at 2:00.  The recording didn't give the option to go to UPS and pick up the package.  Sometimes I just find automated recordings irksome.
S never posts pictures of herself.  I guess she's like me and is always behind the camera.  She looks so relaxed here.  She was listening to S and W come up with more harebrained ideas of painting the kitchen appliances with various patterns like flames.  I think racing stripes for the fridge was also a topic of conversation.

The good news is, with everyone being young and pretty new homeowners they don't have the cash for such crazy ideas.  It's when they actually have money they can dip into to act on some of these notions that men get dangerous.  LOL!
I'm gonna get shot for this one.  S hates his picture taken so I thought not only would I prove I have a picture of him but I'd post it for the world to see.  If he knew, he'd try and find a way to hack into my blog and remove it.  Yahahahar! I love being a mom!  What you miss in this picture was the glare he gave me after the flash of the camera.  Of course I gave him the innocent...whaaaaa??? look.

The good news is today I got two rooms completely decorated with Christmas goodies.  The bad news is....they're the laundry room and the bathroom off  the laundry room where nobody goes.  Oh well, at least they're spotless.  Yep, I cleaned cabinets out, washed the outside of the appliances, scrubbed the floors and so on.  At least I have two beautiful  rooms in the house.

Tomorrow.....the living room!

It hailed here twice today.  We had a beautiful rainbow but it disappeared by the time I went from the family room to the sewing room to get the camera then to the front door.  It might have lasted at least 4 nano seconds.  Oh well, better luck next time.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I love the photos. I wanted to see Heather but we had to get going. We had another party to go to later that same day.

I had no idea that you even took my picture. It's actually a good one too. You're right, I'm the one usually behind the camera. I ask Will to take my picture and they never come out good. I had no idea that Scott hated having his picture taken. I have quite a few with him in them.

Wudas said...

Nice photos. Everyone had a good time. I think H would have enjoyed visiting with her cousins.