Friday, February 13, 2009

Hello everyone!


I know it's been awhile since I posted but I'm back now.  I've just had so many other things going on, blogging slipped through the cracks.  I started this posting and was doing pretty darn good at yacking when D came in and gave me these beautiful roses.  I know they take up quite a bit of space on the desk but I'll sacrifice for the joy of looking at them continuously.

He's given me lots of flowers throughout the years but I always remember the ones he gave me after we'd been married a few years and were still living in our first house.  He'd called me from work and asked what I was doing and I replied washing and waxing the hardwood floor.  He came home with a beautiful bouquet of flowers and handed them to me.  I said, "These are beautiful....what are they for?"  He said, "Nothing.  I just thought that after a day of scrubbing and waxing the hardwood floors you deserved them."

He's done many wonderful things for me in the 40 years we've been together but for some reason those particular flowers he brought home just stuck in my mind.  Every once in awhile I remember them and smile.
It's the boy child's birthday and I wanted to give him something no one else had, so here it is.  The kid needs a clock for his garage and since he's moved the Malibu into it and has started taking it apart for restoration, I came up with this design.

Now for those of you who don't understand Muscle cars, Chevelle (among others) had an SS model.  Nope that's not what the kid has but I thought I'd sneak it in the design somewhere anyway.  It's hard to tell by the picture but the black background is made up of a gazillion SS filling up the oval.  Squint your eyes and look closely.  Clever huh?  LOL!

Anyway, this is my first 'from scratch' digitizing effort and I have to admit, it came out darn nice.  It's much prettier in person.  Considering I've been sick the past few days and continued working on it so I can give it to him tonight, I'm amazed it doesn't look like a something a gargoyle threw together.  LOL!

I was going to use the conventional 68 Chevelle writing but always thought it looked old and outdated.  You know, something your Grandpa would drive. Since S's car is a 6 speed (it's a blast to drive!) the old stuffy lettering just didn't work for me.  So I blended in the Body by Fisher emblem on the door sill with a really cool Chevelle lettering that looks like flames are eating up the bottom portion of the word.  I'm happy with the feel of old and fast blended.

This puppy is just shy of 80,000 stitches and took about 3 hours to embroider out.  I sewed out two of them!  What a crazy woman.  The first sew out was a sample where I could make adjustments here and there if needed.  The only thing I actually changed was putting black stabilizer on top of the fabric because the cream background was showing through the black.  I know most people wouldn't have noticed but it drove me nuts.  Now I'm happy.

Boy oh boy, I really feel bad.  I was hoping by finishing the clock and keeping busy with the blog, I'd forget about how awful I feel.  We're suppose to go to dinner with the kids tonight, I'm thinking I'd better quit now and go take a nap.  I think I've taken too many meds in an attempt to feel better.   One would think someone my age would be smarter.

Oh well, off to rest I go.  Hope you enjoy the work I put into designing and digitizing the clock.

2 comments:

Wudas said...

Wow! It looks fabulous! Superior job! Meanwhile get some rest and take care of yourself. I know that sometimes when I get involved in a project if I'm ill I kinda forget it and over do. So take it easy tomorrow.

Shannon said...

The clock looks great! I'm with Mom, when I work on a project, I loose all track of time and don't even want to stop to eat or use the restroom. Take a nap and I hope you feel better soon.