Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Love

My husband says he loves me more times than I can count.  I think at times I take for granted he'll say it, which isn't a good habit to get into. He's always been a touchy, feely, sweet talkin' guy but the other night he really proved his love.  

Sometimes it's not the big things that say I love you...it's the small thoughtful things.  It's been very cold here lately by California standards and D proved his thoughtfulness.  I'm used to hopping into bed on ice cold sheets.  You see I just can't remember to turn on the electric blanket.  (That's where I miss having the waterbed.)  

Anyway, the other night as usual D is already asleep so I quietly pull back the blankets prepared to hit the ice and get surprised with warmth.  WOW!  It was great.  My thoughtful husband turned on my electric blanket before going to sleep.  Now that's what I call love and thoughtfulness.

Sometimes it's the simple pleasures that make life worth living. 

2 comments:

Wudas said...

I agree, that's love. D will go out and clean my windshield just because he wants me to be safe and the odds of me cleaning it are slim to none. And he puts RainX on it to help the water flow off easily so my vision won't be impaired. And just when I thought my heart was full to the brim...yup, you guessed it, new wiper blades! That's love.

Shannon said...

I think that's sappy and wonderful.