Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Cancelled!!!! Oh my!

Well, Thanksgiving was cancelled this week. We were going to celebrate tomorrow (Saturday) but had a last minute change of plans. D and I had a nice romantic dinner with a large game hen, garlic mashed potatoes, veggies, fruit and a nice wine. All this was done in the living room at a small table with candlelight in front of a beautiful fire. I love it when we do that.

A few minutes ago a flutter of movement caught my eye when I was in the kitchen and an influx of turkeys took over the kids base.
This is actually nothing. When I went to work Wednesday, I gave up counting at 40 how many were on the hill. I figure it was about 50+. They're noisy and dirty and much bigger than what you buy in the store. I know because years ago D and I were on a turkey farm (can't remember why now) but I remember thinking how large they were. These wild guys are actually larger and yet still stupid. LOL!
Oh what were, 'said change of plans', you ask? Here's our little Emma. She is a little over an hour old here. She was born Tuesday at 5:37 p.m. She's a whopping 6lbs 4 oz and 19" long. Scott couldn't wait until Sarah was done feeding her so he could play papa.
Yep, one hour and she's pooped already. Scott was cute. Sitting in a chair, held her close to him and softly said something like, "Let me introduce myself. I'm Scott but you can call me dad."
This is our family doctor. He surprised us by stopping by. He wanted to take a look at the newest W generation. He's getting a kick out of our children who were his first gen of kids to take care of, now having babies.
Here's the papa trying to compare which of his traits his little girl has. So far she looks more like Sarah than anyone. I saw some of her brother in little Emma also.
Ya just can't beat this picture! No caption needed.
Of course as the perfect grandmother, here's a picture of little Emma almost 24 hours old. My how she has grown. Hahahahahaha!

Heather surprised us and is in town. We'll be meeting her at Scott and Sarah's along with Pat and Marge for some pizza. D and I will pick up a couple of Papa Murphy's to feed everyone. I think I'll also take one of the apple pumpkin pies I made yesterday morning too. I'm hoping to keep the visit to around two hours, so we don't over tax the new family.

So Happy Dang Thanksgiving to us all! Whoopie.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Please tell Scott and Sarah congratulations from us.

Wudas said...

That photo of the new family is one of the most beautiful I've ever seen.

Kelly O said...

Happy Birthday to Emma and congratulations to Scott and Sarah, she is beautiful.