Thursday, November 17, 2011

Birthday

I had a nice quiet birthday last week. D took me to lunch because he had to work that night. We're skipping the gift portion because the money is going to someone's medical bills. I wonder who that could be. LOL!

The important thing is, he remembered and took me out so it was just the two of us.

This is a picture of the birthday card my big sis gave me. I don't know where she finds them. She sends the coolest cards. I hold onto them until D bugs me to throw them away.
Here are my birthday socks. They are the best! I've been coming home from work, taking off my shoes and stockings and putting on a pair of socks she knitted for me. They run circles around what you buy in the store.

I've been remis on thanking E. for the wonderful gift. So thank you big sis! I love, love, love them!
The flash lightened these. Picture the darkest blood red you can conger up and that's them. Are you ready for this? I took the picture this morning but my boss gave them to me 10 days ago. I asked if they were from her garden and she said, "No not this time". She grows the most beautiful roses. It's obvious she doesn't have deer. Hahahaha!

Work has been super busy so I've been behind on almost everything on my computer and at home. I worked from 7:15 to 5:00 yesterday without a lunch break. Everyone was sick and there was nobody to relieve me. My boss told me to take off early Friday to make up for it. So, I'm going to be a good little employee and take her up on the offer.

Speaking of work, gotta jet. See ya'll around the computer sometime!

3 comments:

Wudas said...

You are welcome! I am just using up yarn leftovers. They just happened to be perfect for your feet!

Shannon said...

Beautiful socks and flowers.

Kelly O said...

Happy Birthday. It's not every girl who gets hand knit socks with matching flowers. Both are my favorite colour.