Tuesday, November 22, 2011

No pictures, just stuff

No pictures today. I have a dog in my lap and one asleep on my shoulders and I don't have the heart to wake them up.

First, it's been hell the past couple of weeks at work because we've had auditors. They're the most unorganized, inexperienced group of young people I've ever met. I thought I was going to be fired Friday because in the morning I lit into them for their lack of professionalism and stress they've been putting on the employees.

It's a long story but to make it short, the head auditor went in and was talking to my boss explaining his side of the procedure and she said he was fighting tears. I almost made an auditor cry. Hahahahaha! Anyway, her comment to me was, "Why didn't you take them to task sooner?"

Having been an internal auditor and married to the big honcho B of A auditor, I know how they're supposed to be performed.

Today, I stopped in to meet my boss because we were going out to Casa Real in Pleasanton for a meeting. I've been organizing the Christmas party and just finished the open enrollment party, Halloween luncheon and a few other client breakfasts/lunches. She hands me the smallest yellow post-it note and says, "You've been doing a fantastic job. You're a hard worker so I talked to the CEO and CFO and we're giving you a 10% raise." Wow! I had to fight back the tears. How nice is that.

Wayne at work sent me this:


I hope you can click on the link and check it out. Go to the bathroom first because I promise you'll pee your pants laughing. I must have played it 8 or 10 times today. I laugh harder each time I see it. So enjoy!

3 comments:

Wudas said...

Congratulations on the raise! Of course you are doing a good job. You always do...

Shannon said...

That was a funny link, but it looks like the bookcase falls on the smallest kid, which isn't so funny.
Please tell Scott and Sara congratulations for me.

Kelly O said...

The link was pretty funny. Congrats on the raise!