Sunday, November 13, 2011

Hum drum.....

It's been an uneventful week. (Thank goodness!). It's been very busy at work and there just hasn't been enough time in the day to get things done. I've been crashing when I get home.

This weekend I was going to just do absolutely nothing but instead I finished an icky project. My griddle has been caked with grease and crap for ages. It took me over a week of soaking and scrubbing to get it this clean.

Saturday I decided to buckle down and finish the job. We'll it's almost where I want it now.
I've oiled the griddle since I took this picture and it looks great. There's a small spot on the right side I'd like to work on a bit more but I simply pooped out. I'll tackle it when I get hit with a burst of energy again.
I got this cup from mom's things after she died. It's a beautiful cup but is actually very hard to drink out of. The handle is extremely comfortable for my small fingers but the lip is shaped odd. When I drink out of it, I always spill on myself. As my dad used to say, "You have a hole in your lip". I've decided I still love the cup but will only drink milk and OJ out of it so I don't get burned when I try to drink. LOL!
Tonight when D got home we worked on a pellet stove for the bedroom. He's had almost all summer to install it but of course waited until it's cold to work on it. It's a used pellet. Small for the bedroom and back part of the house.

We got it for a couple of hundred dollars. If we have to put a few bucks in it, it'll still be a screaming deal. It's a Lopi and is a little older. Considering the one in the family room is 25 years old and we've only had to replace the auger once we're sticking with that brand.

D replaced the starter and now it will light. He's been talking to the Lopi repairman on the phone. He wants D to test the convection fan tomorrow because it's not working right. Depending on how the test turns out, we'll either have to replace the circuit board or the convection fan. Either way it's still a screaming deal.
I wanted to try the new style but the smaller one for the bedroom. I'd like to replace the one in the family room with a newer model that would be more efficient and easier to clean. I figured if we bought a used one for a reasonable price, we'd be able to see the difference between the model we currently have and the newer style.

We had this lit tonight on the deck and it's the small stove for a small house and it was kicking out a lot of heat even with the convection fan not working. I think I'm glad I didn't decide to put a large one in the bedroom. We'd roast to death. LOL!

I'm hoping the weather stays nice for next weekend. Then D and I can go up on the roof, clean out the chimneys and install the small exhaust tube inside the existing tubing we have for the wood burning stove. If it's wet, there's no way I'm letting Sir Clutzalot on the slippery roof. Hahahaha!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Sir Clutzalot! That's funny. I'm glad you had a quiet week.

Wudas said...

Don't you just hate cleaning that stuff! Then you when you use it a few times you start all over again!

Kelly O said...

Wow,you are on cleaning frenzy, would you like to come to come over to my place?