Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Cycle Starts Again....

It's quiet here on the home front. The pups have gone back to my sister's house and we are back to three dogs again.

Part of me enjoys the normalcy, the other part misses watching the goof balls play and get into mischief.

As you can see from the picture of Nissie and Sassie, they eventually became friends enough to share the chair and snuggle up for a nap with each other. The visit was very good for Nissie to learn to socialize. She's rough around the edges and needs more interaction with other dogs.

It was definitely a very positive experience for my dogs to learn to share and get along with others. Soooo....big sis, when you need a dog sitter again, I'm here for ya.
I'm ashamed to say I really know less about birds than I'd previously thought. I was under the impression they only laid eggs once a season. Oh, I know Doves mate for life but that apparently is the end of my vast education on the subject.

The last babies were born, grew up and flew away in a matter of weeks. It amazed me how fast they developed.

I've been seeing the mom's head in the hanging pot again, in the past week and got nosey this morning. She's laid two new eggs.

The only difference I can see is, she's fixed the nest to make it fluffier. I guess kids are kids whether they're human or sport wings: they mess up their bedroom. After the baby birds left, mom did some housekeeping on the nest before the next brood arrived.

I'm going to pay more attention to her new little family this time around and see if I can get a bit more education on the subject. It was fun watching the last babies mature, so I expect the same enjoyment this time around.


1 comment:

Wudas said...

Hmmm. You are willing to dog sit again? Well how about the last week in July when D and I go to Yosemite for vacation?

Your birds are egg laying machines. If you took those eggs out of the nest they would just lay more of them. If you take the nest out of the pot they will build a new one. They will do that all summer long. And you will have piles of bird poop (Why do people now say poo instead of poop? Is the word too long?) under your pot. And even though some birds mate for life they cheat on each other. Yes, really.