Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy Weekend

We're staying in the guest room while D is working on the bedroom. I opened my eyes to sun on Saturday. I was laying on my side and this is the picture I woke up to. Now that's just nice.
When I looked toward the foot of the bed this was my view. It's a shame the jasmine vine died but strangely enough the rose is trying to take over the arbor. Sooooo....I'm gonna let it.

Maybe this summer I'll get out and cut down the old vine and make room for the rose.

I think I'm appreciating nature more as I age. Oh....I always loved it but things seem more bright lately.
I spent all day Saturday removing the little bugs from this design and finally getting it on a picnic blanket for the customer. I sewed out two samples which took about 3 1/2 hours. The final sew out on the blanket itself took 1 1/2 hours.

D hates the B looking like an R and wanted me to change it. I told him it was their logo and it wasn't up to me to edit it. He didn't like that answer but as the saying says, "The customer is always right".

I think I need to start putting money aside for a better camera. My pictures always end up out of focus and grainy. The above picture looks warped, when the actual design has crisp straight lines and the Alisa is perfectly straight and even with the top of the box. It's not the least big wobbly and off kilter like the picture shows it.
I spent all day Saturday on Elite Volleyball but was able to finish up some projects on Sunday. I wanted to get this angel finished so I can give the tote to Nancy. She fell in love with the design and I thought this might help her carry stuff to and from her chemo sessons.

I finished the Walkers for Knockers Tee Shirts. I just had the 4 men's shirts to do. The one on the right is our team colors but Dustin wanted the ribbon for skin cancer on his shirt so it's all black. I haven't decided if I like it or not.
I got these samples sewn out for another customer. She couldn't decide what color she wanted. This cost me about $15 to do. I think next time I'm gonna put my foot down and say I'll do one letter in each color.

I did tell her if she wanted the variegated yellow that's on Rose, I was going to charge extra. I think all these names will take up my new spool of variegated thread. They come in such tiny spools and are pricey.
When I put the Nancy on this bag my machine made a horrible noise. I knew I should check but then it was okay. What it did was sew a tiny piece of the handle to the outside of the bag. Now here's the dumb part. I had one of those premonitions that was going to happen when I put the bag in the machine but didn't check.

When I slid the bag off the arm, the bottom of the N had sewn through to the handle. DUH! I trimmed the lower portion of the N. Since this is a gift, I don't think Nancy is going to notice there's suppose to be a loopieloo on the bottom left corner of the N.

That was a very lucky mistake. What is it they say, "The best laid plans of mice and men." hahahaha.


1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your embroidery is beautiful.