Friday, September 11, 2009

The Adventure Part II

Ya know the song...."Sometimes you're the windshield..sometimes you're the bug". This guy apparently never heard it before. D just can't drive without putting some big splat right in my line of site. I give this guy credit for color. It looks like a bug wearing a bright yellow raincoat.
I know...I know... Shasta again. I loved the tree covered foothills so I took this shot. That means we're still in California.
Pete here are the flatlands outside of Weed, California. This is a huge valley surrounded by mountains. It's beautiful!
As you can see, the Bear is soooooo stressed. She actually went from being nervous to being more sure of herself and tolerating strangers without feeling the urge to flee. This was a good trip for her.

She looks crowded here but she actually had room to sleep and turn/walk around between the bucket seats. She had much more room then the humans did.
Whenever D and I head up north, we love to stop at this rest area in Yreka, CA. This has great memories for us because we stopped here on our honeymoon trip to Canada.
This is our favorite rest area. Look at the Klamath river that flows along the back side. I was surprised at how full it was.
Pete that's the Klamath River which flows from Oregon to California.
Here's one more clue as to where we're going. That's Ashland, Oregon. What beautiful country. We actually looked for property up here a couple of years ago. It's crowded with retired Californians so the prices of land are equal to the Bay Area. No deals to be gotten here.
When you're driving, you always have something to do. When you're the passenger sometimes boredom seeps in. I was just wondering if I took a picture of the polka dots on my skirt, if they'd come out. Yep....you can take a picture of your skirt.
I just love this tabletop plateau. It's north of Ashland. I've tried to see if it has a name but can't find anything on it.
Oregon cracks me up. There's no sign when you enter the state welcoming you but the first rest area greets you. There is a sign on the California Oregon boarder that says, "You are now leaving Oregon, thank you for visiting". Hahahahaha!
This is a cool little restaurant about a mile from Azelia, Oregon. We always stop there. They make homemade jams, jellies, pies, etc. Last trip I came back with some fantastic sugar free cherry jam and apple butter. They didn't have any sugar free preserves this time. Bummer.....next trip we'll try again.
I thought this stretch of road outside Roseburg, Oregon was pretty. I love it when I come down a hill and there's a pretty stretch of scenery to look at.
It was starting to get late and we'd been on the road since 7 in the morning. We were actually hoping to make it to Portland (another hint) but our eyes were crossing and we were really starting to drag. We pulled into Tigard, OR which is just south of Portland. I'm thinking this isn't the camera....this is how the world looked to us at that point in time. LOL!
We got an early start in hopes of missing the Portland commute traffic. Nope...we were caught up in it. I think the traffic would have been easier to put up with but the cold and fog was depressing.
Pete, Portland is a city of bridges. It's not my favorite city to go through because it's dirty, crowded and industrial looking. It's one of those cities that always looks depressing. Oh....it also has a funny smell to it.
We were greeted in Vancouver, Washington with this weather. D whinned about it but I told him it's the rain, snow and fog that keeps WA and OR so green. The explanation didn't help much though.

No comments: