Friday, September 11, 2009

The Adventure Continues Part IV

When you go from California to Oregon the welcome sign is some miles in at a rest area. When you go from Washington to Oregon, the welcome sign is in the middle of a bridge that crosses the Columbia River.
Again, we were hoping to sneak through Portland and miss the commute traffic. The hour delay in Tacoma with the trailer nixed that plan. At least the drivers were polite.
Check this out. I almost missed it. If you look real close at the tops of the trees, you'll see a tram. It goes from one side of the freeway to the other. I don't know if it's for commuters or tourists but it surprised me when it shot by.
I thought this was cool. Look at those trucks all lined up like ducks in a row. I didn't include our pick up in the picture because it looked soooooo out of place and tiny.
I almost missed this guy. Check out that green car. It's a taxi. It almost burns your retinas when you see it. You definitely can't miss that taxi going down the street.
Hey Pete! D wants to know if you'll buy him one of these so he can pick up more cars at once. LOL! He was drooling and getting the front of his shirt all wet.
I thought Pete would appreciate seeing this. I don't know if they're allowed to put 3 trailers on the back of the big rigs where he lives. This is only allowed is specific states. California is not one of them. This is in Oregon.
I missed out on this. This is between Roseburg and Medford Oregon. When we drove by on Labor Day it was covered in American flags. I was hoping they'd still be there when we drove by on our way home. No such luck. It's a pretty bridge anyway!
Pete, you're not the only one who loves all American. I swell with pride when we go down the street and there's a huge American flag waiving in the breeze. Just when I took this picture the wind stopped so the flag wasn't billowing. Darn!

Alright, alright...enough of the Shasta stuff!
Just north of Sacramento off highway 5 are these acres and acres of rice fields. It's green as far as the eye can see this time of year and really pretty.
Pete, these are silos for the rice/grain. This is actually one of the smaller structures we passed.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I beleive that bride is in Rogue River Oregon. We stayed at the Best Western there on our trip home from Canada. It was the cleanest, brightest Best Western. The staff was also very nice and helpful.

dwgnldy said...

I believe you're right, Shannon. It was so cool with all the flags decorating it. I just wish I could have gotten a picture of it then.