Saturday, February 28, 2009

Where's the Charger?

Now this is the height of desperation.  I haven't blogged because I can't find the charger to the camera.  I have a spare battery but it's in the charger.

For the past year I've left the charger on the desk in the kitchen.  A few weeks ago I decided the sewing room would be a better place for it, since that's where I keep the camera.

I remember trying to charge the battery and it just wasn't convenient so decided the charger should go back into the kitchen desk.  That's where the brain cells died and I'm in limbo.

Part of me says I took the charger in there.  The other part says it's still in the sewing room.  I've looked both places and can't find the darn thing.  All I know is....it isn't lost because I consciously put it in a nice safe place.

So, just to keep the blog from being boring, here's a Harry Potter picture.  It was quick and easy to download so that's what you're getting today.

I haven't blogged because of the camera issue but have decided it's not going to stop me.  You're just going to get strange random pictures.

D was walking around the house last week like a caged tiger.  The rain keeping him inside was really getting to him.  Which means, my life gets turned upside down because he's restless.

Well, I took the bull by the horns and found a solution.  For the 25 years we've lived here, I've hated having one oven. This is the first house I've owned that only had one and I find it inconvenient and frustrating at times.  So I went on CraigsList and low and behold I found several beautiful used ones.

The one I found is 4 years old was used for 2 and has been stored the past 2.  It came out of a new house where the owner replaced all the black appliances in bisque after living there only two years.  

For D it's good news and bad news.  He's thrilled to have an indoor project.  He had the old oven and built in microwave removed 4 hours after getting home with the double ovens.  I thought it would take him days but he got restless and boom....the kitchen is a wreck.  Today he spent the day making the opening larger.  He had to rebuild the drawer under the old oven.  The opening had to be adjusted so much the drawer couldn't stay the large size it was.

The oven is missing one of the door springs so I ordered that yesterday.  It should be in Thursday.  Now it's suppose to rain off and on everyday for the next week which means, as soon as I pull the spring from the mail, D will be hooking up the 220 and sliding the new ovens into place.

Now...just in case he gets restless between finishing up the drawer and waiting for the spring, I've got two 1 year old refrigerators I'll be looking at tomorrow. My poor little Whirlpool is 30 years old.  It used to be Harvest Gold but I had it painted black about 20 years ago.  It's running great (I rebuilt in about 15 years ago) but is an energy hog.  So I'm going to replace it with an newer Energy Saver.  I'm sticking with Whirlpool because my poor little baby is still running after 30 years (so I like the track record) and parts are easy to get.  The models I'm looking at have good reviews so I'll be zeroing in on them.

Once I have a refrigerator in hand, when D gets a lull in the oven project, I'll have a back up ready and waiting for him to jump into.  

If the rain continues, I'm going to get a headache coming up with things for D to work on to keep him out of my hair.  LOL!


2 comments:

Wudas said...

Has he finished the bedroom/closet/spa room? Good for you on recycling appliances!

Shannon said...

That sounds quite impressive with all the work Uncle Dave is doing. That's a great idea to replace appliances with used ones. We used to get our appliances at the Sears Outlet.