Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's Valentines day so I thought I'd roll out of bed before D this morning.  He's a couple of days behind me in being sick so he deserves to sleep in.  He's been great trying to be quiet in the morning so I could sleep.  

Yesterday He actually kept the dogs in the office with him so they wouldn't wake me.  When I got up he said, "These dogs take a lot of attention.  I'm beat!" It's the puppy.  She's worse than having a toddler living in the house.  Always in stuff.  Wanting to play.  Needing cuddling time. Sometimes it does get a bit tiring when you just want to sit and be left alone.

Look at the picture above.  Can you see her?  When I was doing the dishes at 8 this morning I saw this brown line on the hill.  It stayed absolutely still for 5 minutes so I thought it was a fox or coyote.  Nope just another deer.
See?  Here she is.  It's like trying to work a Where's Waldo scene.  I searched the hillside for more deer and got a bit concerned when I didn't see any.  Ours usually run in small herds that average 7 to 12.  It's unusual to have just one.  If it's a single that means there's something wrong with it.  That's usually when we find them dead somewhere on the property. Correct that....we usually smell them first then find them.

Anyway, she's perfectly healthy.  Within ten minutes my eye caught lots of movement and they all started to rise out of the weeds from their nights rest. There were 9 that I counted this morning.  But I could easily have missed some behind the trees. 
I took this picture for Morgan.  There are two deer here.  One on the left by the post and one on the right between the tree and post.  I asked myself, "What would Morgan ask when he saw the deer?"  This is what I came up with.  Do they stand up to go to the bathroom?  Here's your answer kiddo.  They are both squatting so low they are almost sitting.  So if you see a deer sitting like a dog, they're doing their business and don't want to be disturbed.  LOL!
Here are three of the group pruning the pine trees.  Next time you're around here, you'll notice the trees are bare of greenery at deer height.  They're beautiful creatures but make growing plants darn near impossible.  That's why most of the flowing bushes around here are eureops because they pretty much leave them alone.  They used to leave agapanthas alone but I noticed the ones by the office door have been eaten down to the nub.  Could be because of the unseasonably dry weather we've been having.
I headed into the sewing room after washing the dishes and these beauties were outside the window on the hill at the edge of the fence.  It's a tough job having to view creatures like this all day long.  It's a hard job but someones got to do it.

I just can't imagine moving into town and dealing with neighbors next door.  I know there's a strong possibility we'll have to do it when this place just gets to much to handle as we age so I'm going to enjoy the quiet and open freedom as long as I can.

Well, I'm taking E & S's advice from their comments and taking it easy today. It's actually the first day I'm not dealing with a headache along with being sick. I want to get some housework done but I'm not going to make it a top priority. The house isn't dirty, it's just cluttered because we haven't put anything way with not feeling well.

Take this morning.  I did the dishes but pooped out and didn't put them away. I'll go out and do that in a little while.  I need to do some straightening up in the sewing room before I start my next project.  I have a customer coming by next Sunday to view a job they want done so I'll work on that maybe Monday.  I can do the digitizing corrections tomorrow when my brain is working better.

I've got a design I want to put on the black blouse Nana gave me.  I need to do some samples before I actually hoop the blouse.  I think it's going to turn out great.

Dang, I can't keep my eyes open so I think I'll head out and find something to eat.  If that doesn't wake me up, I'll head in to take a nap.  

Yep.....it's gonna be a tough day!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

We had deer in yard all the time at our first house. They would anything we tried to grow. Especially flowers and tomatos. What deer eat can change from season to season. It just depends on what they're in the mood to eat.

One day I came home from work and opened the curtains in the kids room. There was a deer right outside our window. Daisy our dog, had cornered a buck in our backyard. The buck probably would have killed Daisy, but our nieghbor looked over the fence to see what all the noise was about and he chased the buck away.

I hope that you and Uncle Dave feel better soon.

Wudas said...

Go for the nap first. If you aren't well and rested your brain won't fire on all cells. The nap is the human body tune up.